Couldn’t resist-new NTT

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
After having lost two NTT so quickly after buying them I resigned myself to never getting them again. But this one has been in the store for quite some time and I’ve checked it time and again and it looks healthier than the ones I previously purchased. The owner told me today that it suddenly started taking Cichlid pellets. It was housed with some Azul bass and I guess decided to try some pellets

I really couldn’t resist especially with it taking pellets

It’s bigger than theSiver tiger I’ve already got in the 180 gallon so I think it should hold its. Fingers crossed this one is my lucky one and I’ll post some in tank pictures once it’s settled

4134AE93-76F6-4134-B702-6D7882920190.jpeg E60C50B6-6B2A-469C-BBA4-C6E10245161E.jpeg

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I know what you mean as far as vowing to never getting any more thinbars but they are the second most beautiful in the dat family so it's a tough decision to come to.
Good luck with it.

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
I know what you mean as far as vowing to never getting any more thinbars but they are the second most beautiful in the dat family so it's a tough decision to come to.
Good luck with it.
Thanks mate-heres hoping this time round. The Silver can't seem to figure him but the Thinbar is moving round and is slightly more stable now.

I'd love to get an Indo again but the Store Owner said he only ever sees Thinbars on the import list. How times have changed. Hes got one more Thinbar left in store-it was less stable and more timid than the one I got-but if it's still there in the near future I'm tempted. He said he wouldn't get anymore as this batch never sold well

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Interesting that he has easier access to thinbars than indos.

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
Interesting that he has easier access to thinbars than indos.
Yep thats what I thought-when I lived back in England Thinbars were rarer then Indo at the time.
Here in BC Thinbars seem to be the one Stores have when they label them as Tigerfish. I've been told to forget about even thinking of NGT-makes me miss my old one even more:(

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I've pretty much written NGT dats off as well as they are extremely hard to pellet train in my experience and then there is the aggression that they are known for.

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
I've pretty much written NGT dats off as well as they are extremely hard to pellet train in my experience and then there is the aggression that they are known for.
Mine actually took Massivore really well but it took 4 months to convert him. He got up to 12-13" before I had to sell him as we moved to Canada. I kept no other Tigers with him but he was OK with my other fish at the time. Was in a 100G and just wish could've kept him to upgrade the tank

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
You did very well with that NGT,too bad you had to get rid of it.Perhaps you could get another from an online vendor?

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
You did very well with that NGT,too bad you had to get rid of it.Perhaps you could get another from an online vendor?
None here in BC/Canada that have them. Could try a trip to Washington to collect but not sure how difficult it is getting it back through the Border again

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store