Decisions, Decisions. Polys in a planted tank

HybridHerp

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 18, 2012
New York
Might be useful to know what your co2 levels are and any dosing your doing as well (eco-complete doesn't have a ton of nutrients in it tbh)
I think ropes are going to look cool in this though! Maybe an african butterfly fish once everything is settled down and if the barbs aren't being....well barbs.

thatrandomfishkeeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Sorry about the absence! I have had to do some traveling lately on top of my school work, so I've been a bit busy. The barbs started to tear stuff up, so they went back to the LFS. They just ate the end off of one java fern, but I didn't want them eating my more expensive plants, so it is what it is. My light schedule is also 12 hours a day, and I am dosing easy green and easy carbon twice a week, along with the root tabs. I don't have a bubble counter on my tank, but my drop checker is in the green during the day and goes blue at night, so I think I'm okay on CO2. I may need to tone back the lights a little bit, but the algae is starting to die down, so I think it was just a temporary issue. Unfortunately, the algae started to die down after it claimed my stem plants. A bummer, but it frees up some room to just do more java fern. It's sturdier anyways, so no big deal.

Reactions: magpie
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store