Fat Sleeper (Jade) Goby Not Eating

WalksWIthGobies

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2018
ames,iowa
Hey
My goby has stopped eating. He was ravenous up til last week when he abruptly stopped eating anything. I've tried different kinds of food (so far just store bought dry) but no luck. Everything else is same as it ever was.

Any ideas?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Would wait a week and retry feeding. If not better then consider Epsom salt 1 tbsp per 5g and prazipro.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Post water parameters and tankmates when able.

Exp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2018
Ph level , temperature and how old is it?? I mean when did you buy it? If its new then i understand some times old owner or fish shop owners keep them in bad environment which effects their eating by stressing them and they are like today they and tomorrow dont it will be fine when they have adjusted

WalksWIthGobies

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2018
ames,iowa
Ammonia .25 Nitrates 40 ph 7.2

It has been a few months since I checked parameters , the last time I checked Ammonia was 0, Nitrates were 20 though pH was the same as is the tank temp at 78 degrees F. This is a long established tank and these latest Ammonia and Nitrate numbers are higher than the norm so at the very least I need to step up the water changes. I bought the goby on the 25th of January this year and he was half the size he is now so he was young. He's been eating like a hog up til a week ago. He has never had any tank mates.

Exp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2018
Ammonia .25 Nitrates 40 ph 7.2

It has been a few months since I checked parameters , the last time I checked Ammonia was 0, Nitrates were 20 though pH was the same as is the tank temp at 78 degrees F. This is a long established tank and these latest Ammonia and Nitrate numbers are higher than the norm so at the very least I need to step up the water changes. I bought the goby on the 25th of January this year and he was half the size he is now so he was young. He's been eating like a hog up til a week ago. He has never had any tank mates.
Maybe he is getting mature and showing signs that he needs tank mates?

WalksWIthGobies

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2018
ames,iowa
Maybe he is getting mature and showing signs that he needs tank mates?
From what I've read this species is solitary, meeting with others only to fertilize eggs then the male drives the female away and watches over the young until they are a certain age then drives them away, so no I don't think he's lonely.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store