Branching out challenge

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I’d love to see your source for burbot and if they’re so easy to get why does no one have them ?
They aren't easy to keep as adults, needing cold water.
As far as getting one, tuic has sold euoropean burbot, nanfa you could get one easily, and I believe Jonas aquarium gets them from time to time, let me check who's selling them this late in the year

Reactions: Matteus

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
many of these can be had fairly easy, just put in effort, legally in most states these fish can be kept, for example most warm states don't consider Arctic char gamefish,
The problem isn't that they aren't available or legal, it's just that you don't think they're available or legal.
Lmao where the hell do I buy an Artic Char. Bro Jason I like you but the stuff you say bro gets me going lol. Who the hell keeps salmon as pets

fatboy8

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2012
Philadelphia
Lmao where the hell do I buy an Artic Char. Bro Jason I like you but the stuff you say bro gets me going lol. Who the hell keeps salmon as pets
He claimed burbot were just as easy still waiting for a source or someone that's actually kept them. A quick google search I found two videos in Europe of people having them and a vendor in the German/Austria border. I mean why challenge someone to keep fish that are either rarely/never available or impossible to keep?

I think this post should of stayed the route of if you're a hardcore SA/CA cichlid keeper why not branch out to Africans, maybe a SE Asia Bio type, or North American Natives.

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Keeping Theraps Irregularis right now, purchased them specifically because they are super rare and came available. So I guess I accept the challenge :)
Also venturing into reef-keeping at the moment, which is not rare, but is new to me so will be a "challenge"

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Yeah, pretty sure Wes already said this. lol Nice sales pitch, and kudos to him for bringing in the fish that he does, but I think I'll keep what I like and those that don't approve can go piss up a rope.

To me almost all african cichlids look like someone photocopied a fish a couple thousand times and then colored them different colors.
Just goes to show how little you know about the various cichlids found in the Rift Lakes. Try expanding your knowledge base beyond what you see at your LFS and you might be surprised at just how different in both physical looks, and behavior many of the Rift Lake species are from each other.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Someone here used to keep coho salmon, if everything on that list was easy to keep or find it wouldn't be much of a challenge, the point is 1. Venture out beyond your comfort zones, and 2. Try to keep something isn't kept by everybody and their grandma, some of the fish on my list would be easiest to obtain on a fishing website, how do you think all those wild caught xanthic gar come from?

Reactions: Matteus

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Someone here used to keep coho salmon, if everything on that list was easy to keep or find it wouldn't be much of a challenge, the point is 1. Venture out beyond your comfort zones, and 2. Try to keep something isn't kept by everybody and their grandma, some of the fish on my list would be easiest to obtain on a fishing website, how do you think all those wild caught xanthic gar come from?
Xanathic gars comes from opportunity seekers who sees a chance to make money and takes it! Bro I have never seen you post any pictures of your tanks or fishes. Do you even water bro

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store