Fish and turtles?

jstevenz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2010
chicago il
Largest Peacock ever caught was 37 inches which is the current WORLD RECORD and was caught in the Rio Negro which is one of the largest rivers in the world.

Yours probably will stay within the 24-30" range at max in that size pond. May want to downgrade to 3 but you wont get any 4 footers lol

Sep 24, 2017
Pennsylvania
Largest Peacock ever caught was 37 inches which is the current WORLD RECORD and was caught in the Rio Negro which is one of the largest rivers in the world.

Yours probably will stay within the 24-30" range at max in that size pond. May want to downgrade to 3 but you wont get any 4 footers lol
yeah I rounded up a bit much lol, but they get very beefy too

jstevenz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2010
chicago il
yeah I rounded up a bit much lol, but they get very beefy too
Oh yeah definetely do. Yeah I agree that he should lower the stock a little. It may look empty to start but its much better to have all your fish grow to adult size and have room and not having to be in the situation where its cramped and they fight for space and injuries happen...etc

Reactions: MrDuckBootz

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Ok back to turtles,: make sure they can't run away, use a fence they can't climb, you may want to look into a Florida soft shell,which aren't huge climbers

Reactions: MrDuckBootz

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
Florida soft shells can be a bit nippy with fish...keep an eye on them. Fly rivers do great but where will you find one? I’ve kept Red ear sliders with Oscars for many years without issues. Also had musk turtles and kept them with a ton of different fish with no issues...they do get pushed around by the fish but have never gotten hurt or shown any aggression. I wouldn’t feel comfortable with a pacu though...they have some serious teeth and can crunch those turtles shells if they got curious.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

fishdat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2014
Western Canada
I don't have a pond, but I have a 210 gallon tank with some monsters and cichlids in it. My turtle is a pink bellied side neck turtle and it works fine with giant gourami, bichirs, severums, vieja, fire eel, etc. I can't imagine it not working out for you with the stock you mentioned as long as your turtle is full grown.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store