Pbass set up

Edmon

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2018
Philippines
Hi there.

Im getting a custom tank with this dimension: 8' L x 4' W x 3' H soon.

I would like to ask how many peacock bass should i get

My fish that i own as of now.
2x peacock bass( should i add more?)
2x walking catfish
2x senegal bichir
1x endlicheri bichir
1x jaguar cichlid
1x albino giant gourami

Any suggestions what to add and what not to add?

Im thinking of getting 2 silver aros also

Btw these are the type of pbass the lfs are selling
20181019_103417.jpg

KelberiFishLover19

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2018
What kind pbs do you have? If you have a mono or orino I would only get one or two more since you are getting the two aros. Also, how big are the bass and other fish you have now. If they are a decent size I would not add the new one/s to the big tank. I would grow them out in a bit smaller tank first. Looks like they are selling a orino and they are one of the bigger ones anyways so I'd only get one or two. Also you have to be aware of the sex of the bass you have so that there will be not too much aggression because of breeding.

Sep 24, 2017
Pennsylvania
I don't know if the two arowanas are a very good idea...… they might fight a lot since it's only two, might want to get one instead. The pet store I worked at had two silver arowanas together and the one bullied the other until it jumped out of the tank (luckily someone was there and could save it). As for the other fish, they all should be fine except for the jaguar cichlid and the other peacock bass. The jaguar cichlid will reach two feet and so will the 2 peacock bass, mind you these are not long thin fish that are 2 feet, these are big beefy 2 foot long fish that will produce a lot of waste and take up a lot of space too. In all I'd recommend one arowana, one peacock bass, the bichirs, and the giant gourami unless you feel like upgrading in the future. I do not have much personal experience with these fish (all limited to the pet store I worked at and the only full grown one was the giant gourami) however so anybody with more experience and information please correct me if I am wrong.

KelberiFishLover19

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2018
You are definitely correct that the bass and other fish will produce a lot of waste, although I hope that because Edmond has such a big tank and he has spent a lot on fish that he has a good filtration set up. Also, arowanas sometimes are know to be aggressive but with a big tank that they shouldn't be. But because of the large amount of big fish, they will be aggressive, so like you said, I would only go with one. Personally I would get the two arowanas and two peacock bass and that's all that I would have in the tank because that's what I like and it's not "over stocking". I think that if Edmond adds two more pbs and two arowanas I would consider it overstocking because there is too many big fish.

Edmon

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2018
Philippines
What kind pbs do you have? If you have a mono or orino I would only get one or two more since you are getting the two aros. Also, how big are the bass and other fish you have now. If they are a decent size I would not add the new one/s to the big tank. I would grow them out in a bit smaller tank first. Looks like they are selling a orino and they are one of the bigger ones anyways so I'd only get one or two. Also you have to be aware of the sex of the bass you have so that there will be not too much aggression because of breeding.

I actually have no idea what they are. This is the first time owning them and new to the hobby. But all my pb is showing some speckled white on their fins. Hope that helps on what they are.

Edmon

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2018
Philippines
I don't know if the two arowanas are a very good idea...… they might fight a lot since it's only two, might want to get one instead. The pet store I worked at had two silver arowanas together and the one bullied the other until it jumped out of the tank (luckily someone was there and could save it). As for the other fish, they all should be fine except for the jaguar cichlid and the other peacock bass. The jaguar cichlid will reach two feet and so will the 2 peacock bass, mind you these are not long thin fish that are 2 feet, these are big beefy 2 foot long fish that will produce a lot of waste and take up a lot of space too. In all I'd recommend one arowana, one peacock bass, the bichirs, and the giant gourami unless you feel like upgrading in the future. I do not have much personal experience with these fish (all limited to the pet store I worked at and the only full grown one was the giant gourami) however so anybody with more experience and information please correct me if I am wrong.
+ to that. I currently have 3 pbass and i will decide to just forget owning arowanas and get one spotted gar instead. And if it does not work, i will prioritize to sell my jag and gourami

I can just resell it to my lfs(they allow) too so no problem.

KelberiFishLover19

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2018
IMG_0395.JPG IMG_0531.JPG
I actually have no idea what they are. This is the first time owning them and new to the hobby. But all my pb is showing some speckled white on their fins. Hope that helps on what they are.
Are the pbs you have now juvenile? If they are, most juveniles have the speckled white dots on their fins. I am currently raising a juvenile mono in my 75 growout tank. He is about 4 inches give or take and has the same speckled dots on his fins. Here are a few pictures... if this one doesn't look like yours I would check the juvenile peacock bass ID thread. It's always good to know what type of pb you have for growth purposes and many other reasons.

Edmon

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2018
Philippines
When i can have a job pretty much this is my end game pond(it is used to house pigs i dont k ow the dimensions yet but i can estimate the length of about 15-20gt). I can just convert it. Next problem would be water and electric bill 20181114_110438.jpg

Edmon

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2018
Philippines
View attachment 1344177 View attachment 1344178

Are the pbs you have now juvenile? If they are, most juveniles have the speckled white dots on their fins. I am currently raising a juvenile mono in my 75 growout tank. He is about 4 inches give or take and has the same speckled dots on his fins. Here are a few pictures... if this one doesn't look like yours I would check the juvenile peacock bass ID thread. It's always good to know what type of pb you have for growth purposes and many other reasons.
My pb's are 3.5-4" what size can they be identified?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store