Flowerhorn Online Canada?

islandmisfit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2018
Hi There,

I am kicking around the idea of getting a flowerhorn. Does anyone know a reliable source online that ships in Canada? When i google it a site called ThaiFH.com comes up with some really nice looking fish . Has anyone ordered from them?Thanks

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Lots of shady vendors in the world of FH. Caveat emptor

Have you considered buying online, locally? I'm not sure where you in Canada you live, but if one is patient you can sometimes find some pretty good deals locally on sites such as https://www.kijiji.ca/

islandmisfit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2018
Hi thanks for the reply. I live on the west coast in a somewhat rural area. I agree with your sentiment that there are likely lots of shady folks selling fish online. i was just wondering if there was a reliable go to for higher end flowerhorn in canada. I know a couple of people that import other species: discus , aros etc that i will ask . Figured i would start in a dedicated forum. Theres really only a handful of places to order fish online in Canada as far as i know. The fish stores i have access to are not ideal for sourcing anything decent and i honestly have been less then impressed with how they care for their fish...so i generally try to buy fish online from people that specialize in a given species or type of fish. That has proven to provide me with the best fish i can get. Thanks again.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I think that the closest that you may come is buying from a transhipper and/or importer that is based in Canada. On kijiji it looks like there is currently one advertising out of Manitoba. I would think that you could also find some more locally, such as in Van. My advice is to ask if the fish has been dewormed and is eating, and how long it's been in country. Then have some of your own dewormer such as Levamisole ready to go, and New Life Spectrum Hex-Shield to treat for potential parasites when the fish arrives. It doesn't matter how stunning a fish looks in pics, if it arrives with worms and/or parasites (which many FH do) things can go sideways real easily. The stress from shipping from point A to your location alone can cause enough stress to trigger an underlying illness to surface. Good luck.

islandmisfit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2018
Thats good advice. i have both ready to go. I have reached out to one of my contacts out of Vancouver see what comes of that.Thanks again!

islandmisfit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2018
E63B40EB-A9F2-4594-9789-93054AF8288B.jpeg 4654B7E3-91CD-402A-8A47-08D073B57D7A.jpeg I found a guy on facebook that sold me a couple of Kamfas. He ships across Canada and is very good to deal with. His page is called Flowehorn Guy Argie. He is very passionate and knowledgeable about fh. I am currently feeding these guys hexshield and will follow up with levimasole then prazi. I love these fish amazing personalities. Funny thing is i only recently got interested in fh. Oscars cant shake a stick at these guys in terms of personality.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store