algacide snail control?

BassetsForBrown

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2012
Boston
Hi,
snails must have been hidden in a plant i added to the tank, because theyve appeared and multiplied rapidly in the last 2 months. I added yoyo loaches, but they have only killed a couple.

ive read that snails are especially sensitive to algacides. would adding one be an effective method of exterminating them?

thanks

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Hi,
snails must have been hidden in a plant i added to the tank, because theyve appeared and multiplied rapidly in the last 2 months. I added yoyo loaches, but they have only killed a couple.

ive read that snails are especially sensitive to algacides. would adding one be an effective method of exterminating them?

thanks
Yeah , but it also tends to kill all your plants and fish as well.

The snails do a service by eating uneaten organic matter, by doing this they help prevent toxic waste build up.

My advice: never eat the goose that lays golden eggs.

BassetsForBrown

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2012
Boston
Yeah , but it also tends to kill all your plants and fish as well.

The snails do a service by eating uneaten organic matter, by doing this they help prevent toxic waste build up.

My advice: never eat the goose that lays golden eggs.
id be fine with a goose,but not flock of geese that reproduce like rabbits

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Ok so here’s what you’re gonna do.
Forget the algacide and get yourself some assasin snails, they will hunt down and eat the snails. If you don’t want to do that then get yourself some lettuce and put a piece in before you go to bed. In the morning take out the snail infested lettuce and chuck it in the garbage. I recommend getting a fork and spearing the lettuce on said fork so it lays on the bottom of the tank so they’ll find it.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
id be fine with a goose,but not flock of geese that reproduce like rabbits
A flock of geese that lay golden eggs and reproduce like rabbits, I’d be thrilled with that. Buy up several acres of land, put good strong fences up so no predators could get in nor people, give them several little places to lay their eggs like chicken houses and just enjoy my new found wealth.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store