Tetrad on paulustris

follen

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2008
england
Belive I have just purchased one of these. It was labelled as a meekong puffer but I am unable to find out little to any information on these? Does anyone have any information all I can seem to find on Google is information on it being discovered in 2013?
At present he is less then an inch living in a 30g solo already eating like a monster.

Reactions: DMD123

follen

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2008
england
After some research I have found it to be called a pao abei. Once again not much information on them but don't believe they get to big so should be good in the 30g I have him in. I got a few pics but the guy is so small very hard to see.

Ps exscuse the pumpkin haha. IMG_20181022_201841.jpg IMG_20181022_201838.jpg

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
That is a cool little puffer you got.

I know there are a lot of identification issues with these puffers. Im not familiar enough with them to comment but I know that sometimes ones thought they got abei and upon closer examination realize its a turgidus. Not that I wouldnt mind having either since there are not many puffers close to me. I have to order mine online.

follen

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2008
england
That is a cool little puffer you got.

I know there are a lot of identification issues with these puffers. Im not familiar enough with them to comment but I know that sometimes ones thought they got abei and upon closer examination realize its a turgidus. Not that I wouldnt mind having either since there are not many puffers close to me. I have to order mine online.
Yeah cheers bro think it's pao abei but will have to grow it out and see what I end up with

Reactions: DMD123

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
If you can get a better side pic and snout pic we could identify. It looks turgidus, but stress colors along with not so clear pics is tough.

An abei looks like this

2gugsb9.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store