JARDINI AROWANA NOT EATING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bawalpangit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2018
Hi guys i also have an jardini arowana but its very picky on what he eats i give him pellets but after 4-6 sticks he spits them i also tried shrimp which he chews then spits the only food he really wants are feeders what should i do?

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
Hi guys i also have an jardini arowana but its very picky on what he eats i give him pellets but after 4-6 sticks he spits them i also tried shrimp which he chews then spits the only food he really wants are feeders what should i do?
If I were you, I would stick with the pellets/sticks, you'll be glad you did in the long term. At least it's eating some. If you are worried, I'd follow the pellets with other types of food depending how big he is. Krill, cut up shrimp, tilapia, blood worms. Good to vary but dry food as a staple. Good luck.

note2self

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2014
pac nw
It might sound cruel, but stop feeding him for a week or more. After that I bet he won’t spit the pellets up anymore. I had to starve my 12” jardini for nearly a month before he ate pellets. After that, he would literally jump out of the water to hit the pellet. All it took was one treat of live crickets to bring him back to square one. Starving works, though. Just don’t break because you think you are being cruel. I’m also raising another 5” jardini and he’s on live and frozen until he’s 8” or so and then I’m going to slowly start prepping him for pellets.

Reactions: Bonytang
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store