Pennsylvania man faces up to $10,000 in fines for killing a bald eagle...

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Daniel Haddix faces up to ten grand in fines and possibly two years in prison for fatally shooting a Bald Eagle.Haddix used a small caliber rifle to take down the raptor.He was worried that the eagle was after his barn cats.
State Game Cadet Jared Schibik said,"it symbolizes our country and just going out and shooting one is a really bad choice".The game commision has filed charges and are looking to severely punish Haddix.
The eagle was one of the largest ever seen in the area,with an estimated wingspan of nearly eight feet.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Well I don’t know about y’all but I believe that the us government is too quick to throw someone in jail. The punishments for crimes are just ridiculous in some cases.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Well I don’t know about y’all but I believe that the us government is too quick to throw someone in jail. The punishments for crimes are just ridiculous in some cases.
Well,the local fines only total about three grand for killing an eagle but the game commission folks want to take the charges to the federal level which could bump up to ten grand and jail time....shame the bird had to be killed over some half feral fleabag yard cats but I'm not sure the man's life should be destroyed over it.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Exactly.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
On a slightly off topic note:found part of what appears to be a cat femur yesterday,
Reason 8 billion to keep your cat inside, looks like something ate most of the rest of him/ her.

Reactions: tlindsey

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
So he sees a particularly majestic eagle,and instead of taking his cats inside where they belong (as any good vet will tell you) he decides to kill a vulnerable species ?

Throw the book at him!
Great point.

The eagle,about twelve pounds and was a female.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
The bald eagle is no longer endangered viper. Throw the book at the damn law makers for making such idiotic laws.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Throw the book at him, make an example. No pity, no mercy. Hell, slap his dumb with a felony just because he did it over his invasive exotic ferals. Hopefully the eagle's mate takes care of them, too. I deal with too many of these idiots at work, and I LOVE seeing them get nailed because it happens so rarely.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store