Arowana not eating

Eswaran

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2018
Hi . So i had a 30cm arowana 2 oscars and 1 parrot cichild in my 3ft tank. My parrot cichild got cotton wool fungus and my oscars eventually got it as well. So far my white oscar and parrot cichild died while i have moved my black oscar to a hospital tank and treated it with anti fungal medications. But for me the real problem is that my arowana is not eating. Used to be very responsive. Was feeding it mealworms and market prawn and now it wont eat at all. It is also jumping quite often ( like is trying to escape from this tank). Please help. I really love my arowana.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Would check ur water parameters quick. Sounds like ur cichlids died from columnaris. It’ll also look like fungus in the beginning and then deteriorate quickly.

Rromy K

Feeder Fish
Oct 29, 2018
I am also facing the same problem with my juvenile arowanas 2 of them since I changed my water 10 days back. Its been 3 days they don't eat. Tried some feeder fish and they ate in 3 days time. Will experiment today by going to get some more feeder fish, quarantine them for a couple of days in my feeder tank and feed them to see their reaction.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Would check ur water parameters quick. Sounds like ur cichlids died from columnaris. It’ll also look like fungus in the beginning and then deteriorate quickly.
I am also facing the same problem with my juvenile arowanas 2 of them since I changed my water 10 days back. Its been 3 days they don't eat. Tried some feeder fish and they ate in 3 days time. Will experiment today by going to get some more feeder fish, quarantine them for a couple of days in my feeder tank and feed them to see their reaction.

Welcome aboard

What are your water parameters?
How often do you change water?
What size is the aquarium?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store