Auratus with a bloat

Savethemall

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2017
Hi, He is alone in a small 40L tank{its temporary} . Im feeding with JBL novo Malawi, water P are 0,0,10.he is about 8 cm. about 2 mouths ago He had a sunken belly and i treated him with prazi which appred to help and i also increased the amount im feeding a bit. it seemed to help but then about a mounth later he started to seem a bit bloated ,so i deacresed the amount but still more then what it used to be.there was a bit of improvment for 2 weeks and then it stopped and got worse, now he looks very bloated.There arent any raised scales,his colors are pale and he is pooping white stingy poo.yesterday morning he didnt wanted to eat but today he did ate.
What do you think is it? on what treatments you reccomend? I dont have a photo..Thank you

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Sounds like internal parasites. Would do some Epsom salt 1 tbsp per 5g. Add some metronidazole to the tank. Feed some metroplex in a epsom salt solution(3/4 cup Epsom salt and 1/2 cup distilled water). Can use seachem focus to mix the medicated food and water.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Sounds like internal parasites. Would do some Epsom salt 1 tbsp per 5g. Add some metronidazole to the tank. Feed some metroplex in a epsom salt solution(3/4 cup Epsom salt and 1/2 cup distilled water). Can use seachem focus to mix the medicated food and water.
Should be 3/4 tsp and 1/2 cup for the Epsom salt solution.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store