Blue Tor Neolissochilus blanci Care?

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Blue Tor I believe is Neolissochilus Stracheyi. These are tropical from Asia.
If they are like my Indian Tors, they are very easy to keep. Not picky about water quality and will easily accept pellets. They will get to 18" to 24". Search the forum. I believe many members have them in indoor tanks. They do eat a lot so good filtration is a must. No harder than most fish on this forum.

Jib can chime in. He is more of an authority than I.

Reactions: Dloks and Chicxulub

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Blue Tor I believe is Neolissochilus Stracheyi. These are tropical from Asia.
If they are like my Indian Tors, they are very easy to keep. Not picky about water quality and will easily accept pellets. They will get to 18" to 24". Search the forum. I believe many members have them in indoor tanks. They do eat a lot so good filtration is a must. No harder than most fish on this forum.

Jib can chime in. He is more of an authority than I.
If the fish in question are from Thailand, the ID would be correct, and there's not much I can add to what Ken has mentioned already.

Can the op share a pic of the fish in question.

Leo1234

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2013
California
How big of a tank would these need? Also, are these blanci? I got a 150 gallon (5ft x 2ft x 2ft), but I assume this is too small for any of the mahseer (tor or neolissochilus) (at least the medium to large species?)

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
How big of a tank would these need? Also, are these blanci? I got a 150 gallon (5ft x 2ft x 2ft), but I assume this is too small for any of the mahseer (tor or neolissochilus) (at least the medium to large species?)
the pic you have shared doesn't look like neolissochilus stracheyi, I am unsure of the Id of the fish. May be fugupuff fugupuff can help.

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
I saw these Saturday. They were about 3”. Color is silver atm and a blue’ish curved horizontal upper line. There’s very little info on blanci or photos. Is this a misidentification? Should of taken a video for ya’all.

neolissochilus blanci

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store