Fish are growing teeth!

Duckman77

Piranha
MFK Member
May 9, 2005
Aurora, IL
My pumpkinseed sunfish have recently developed growths in their mouths that resemble teeth. All three sunnies have been in my care for a couple years now. The condition started with the largest and spread to the other two. It does not affect their appetite, but it does seem to bother them. If this sounds familiar, please let me know the cause so that I may treat with the appropriate medicine. Thanks!

20181105_175653.jpg

imabot

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2017
I can't help but it will be easier for others qualified to give advice to diagnose this if you fill this out.
DISEASE QUESTIONNAIRE

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish. When did you notice the problems and did anything unusual happen that you think started them?

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds).

3. What medications/ treatments have you already tried and what were the results. Include dosage and duration of treatment.

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and ages, numbers and sizes of fish.

5. Water change regime (What percentage and how often).

6. How long has tank been running? Is it bare bottom? If you have substrate, what type and how deep is it?

7. Do you age your water? If you do for how long and what is the pH swing?

8. Parameters and water source;

Note: Water Parameters are important in diagnosing problems within a tank. If you don't own test kits for the following information, you can purchase them, test your parameters and post this info as soon as possible.

- temp _____

- pH _____

- ammonia reading ____

- nitrite reading ____

- nitrate reading ____

What type of water or combinations of water sources do you use? If it is an RO/tap/well water mix, please list percentages in the mix.

- well water ____

- municipal water ____

- RO water ____

9. Any new fish, plants or inverts added recently?

10. What are the fish fed? How much and how often?

11. Include any pictures or videos you have which shows the symptoms. If you can't add them to this post, please provide a link to them.

Reactions: TheWolfman
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store