Bronze Tier Hendre, Notable Contributor

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
I like Hendre and I agree with this nomination 100%.
For a young guy, his approach to fish keeping is very sensible. I don't mean boring, I mean considered.
He is very knowledgeable on a broad sphere of the hobby and I often respect his opinions on the forum.
A very active member well deserving of the nomination.

DOOB

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2018
toronto canada
LOL I didn't even know he was young!!! I always thought by his answers and contributions and his respectful presence, that he was about my age LMAO if I can vote he sure has mine!!!!

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I appreciate it all!

LOL I didn't even know he was young!!! I always thought by his answers and contributions and his respectful presence, that he was about my age LMAO if I can vote he sure has mine!!!!
I'm 16 at this moment haha :grinno:

B. Hizzle

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2016
2up 2down
Hey all I said was there are more deserving members, which is fact. If you wanna take that as a "dis" or "insult" so be it.

sorry Hizzle, see no point on posting this. be nice. If you not like, then do not second or 3rd or what ever and nominate who you do like on a dif thread. Again dissing a person that has been nominated is just bad form. :cheers:
If people are not allowed to post comments unless they agree with the OP, please delete post #4 from the award guide.

https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/award-program-guide-faq.549803/

Soooo... Nominate them?

There's 131,000+ members on this site. I don't know everyone

Edit-

Also, are you sure about all that? TBTB and Duanes are the third and fifth mostly highly decorated members on the forum.

View attachment 1342654 View attachment 1342655 View attachment 1342656
Yes I am sure. I didn't say they didn't have any awards, I said they don't have a contributor award, which is true. :chillpill:

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Wow, what a bunch of drama. I don't have a breeder award, yet I have successfully bred scores of different species of fish over the years. So what? As already noted, if you feel that others should get an award take the time to nominate them, and supply the links required. No one is stopping anyone from nominating another member here. That's how the award system works, members nominating other members. Not who deserves what more than the next person.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Also members, use this time to weigh in on the threads with your thoughts on the nominations. If you feel that a member doesn't deserve an award that he or she has been nominated for, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY SO. If a member posts a legitimate reason why the nominee doesn't deserve an award, it will most certainly be taken into consideration.

This is YOUR program, MFK. You have a voice and have a right to have it heard!
Then state why you don't think I deserve an award instead of lamenting about how others don't get the awards.

It is totally feasible for you to nominate these people and get them the recognition you think they deserve, the nominations have been open for months and now is the time you choose to speak up about it? That is a touch insulting. Don't question the system, the door is open for you to nominate bud.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
If people are not allowed to post comments unless they agree with the OP, please delete post #4 from the award guide.

https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/award-program-guide-faq.549803/
You can post all the comments you want in opposition to a nomination. I encourage that.

But other than saying "what about x,y and z?", what compelling and (more importantly) relevant argument have you put forth that Hendre Hendre doesn't deserve this award?

Your entire line of reasoning here is specious and irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Yes I am sure. I didn't say they didn't have any awards, I said they don't have a contributor award, which is true. :chillpill:
Except... They do have contributor awards.

I don't owe you an explanation for your odious behavior in this thread, but I'll spell it out for the others who may be reading this.

Those individuals have the higher category of contributor award, one which most members wouldn't qualify for. Recognizing that there were people who deserved to be recognized but weren't because of how exclusive the academic contributor award is intended to be, I put it up to a vote. I gave the member base the option to choose whether or not to create a second category for people who contribute to discussions as opposed to those who engage regularly AND help to introduce new knowledge into the community. Before this, there was no distinction between the two.

Exceptional circumstances must arise for people to get both. For example, I have BOTH because I've changed the face of knowledge in this hobby for several genera of fish, and I was nominated for the other because I created this awards system, helped with the migration, help run our social media program and I run the contests.

Giving every one of those listed members above a second award for contributing, members who already have an award for being an active contributor and helping others to learn, DEFEATS THE ENTIRE PURPOSE OF THE SPLIT.

God, you're preaching to me like I'm not the one who designed this system.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store