Every Fish + Dog lover needs one of these...

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Nice tank, what's in there aside from the peacock bass?
Thx WSC, as mentioned it's a work in progress and I need to make some decisions soon. The tank currently has a Flagtail, a Datnoid (NTT), 4 Bala Sharks and 1 Mono Peacock Bass -- all juvies.

Frankly though, the PB is on probation -- he's being a jerk to my friendly Flagtail (who is the best tank cleaner I've ever seen and I really like him). So in fact the PB might be going back to my local monster fish shop -- but this also depends on whether I decide to get a new Asian Arowana next week when a breeder brings some new 11-12" stunners from farm to shop. If I decide to get one then I've got to decide whether to put it in the 375g teak wood tank pictured or maybe buy a new tank just for the Aro (I've got a spare unused 85 gallon but that's too small).

Anyway I've got a thread in General Aquarium Discussion about this teak wood tank that I need to update, as more appropriate than this 'Other Pets' sub-forum.

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
Thx buddy, as is often the case it's a work in progress both design and stocking-wise. Last night I spent hours cutting and putting in a tile background to match the tile flooring, but now not sure if I like it -- it's kinda too much going on and distracts from the fish I think, so will probably change that to something less busy.

View attachment 1343184
I think that background is beautiful. II intend to copy it on one of my new tanks (all picos for me now so that's not saying much lol)
BTW, is that a real moss tree?

Reactions: islandguy11

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
I think that background is beautiful. II intend to copy it on one of my new tanks (all picos for me now so that's not saying much lol)
BTW, is that a real moss tree?
Thx for comments J.H. -- one part of me also quite likes the background but another thinks it's a bit too busy looking (esp. due to all the white lines). There was another tile I really liked but they were out of stock -- I'll probably change in about a month, at which time I will also be curious to see if any waste is getting trapped behind them.

Of course one loses some water volume by using an in-tank tile background but I've got plenty of space for now, the tank is under-stocked and will remain so.

The moss tree is plastic :) just threw it in on a whim, at this point I intend to keep the tank mostly tiled bare bottom.

View attachment 1343360

Last edited:

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Great stand ! our dogs and cats would never come out. The background tile is very cool
Thx Glass Man, the stand/lids are teak wood so they're actually worth quite a bit more than the aquarium itself (esp. as the glass is not in super shape; the previous owner had some really big limestone rocks in there that scratched it up good in some places).

Trello

Feeder Fish
Sep 12, 2019
It's interesting. My dog doesn't like the noise from the compressor in the aquarium, so it rarely comes up to it.

Reactions: islandguy11
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store