tarheel96

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2015
North Carolina
That is a beautiful setup!!

I started with about a dozen RCS from a long gone LFS years ago. I had them spread out among my different setups as time when on. Gave countless numbers away, etc. Just when I think they're gone (all eaten), I'll find a few. Some months back I started a setup with a simple 2.5g glass bowl, seeded sponge filter, some seeded gravel and a simple screw in LED bulb with some java moss. Now I get so many in this setup I have to scoop them out! ...
That is really cool, simple setup Joel ... and with such good results it's something I'm going to remember. Is that a standard white LED in the 3500 - 5000k range?

FreshyFresh

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2015
Buffalo NY
That is really cool, simple setup Joel ... and with such good results it's something I'm going to remember. Is that a standard white LED in the 3500 - 5000k range?
Thanks Mike! Yes, it's a 5000K "75 watt equivalent" LED bulb. I think it's around 10watts of actual power consumption.

You can't see it well in the pic, but I have one of those cheapy eBay black sponge bubbler filters in there, in the background. The suction cups didn't work well, so I yanked them off and use a Mag-Clip to hold it in place.

I feed them Zoo Med spirulina flakes and some miscellaneous pellet foods from my other tanks.

One weekly ~90% water change on it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store