My bichirs

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
Jaw dropping. Quantity and quality!

Bro, question: What is the secret to having the very high contrast patterns? My Nigerian lap is washed out 75% of the time and Faranah lap always plain gray. They are on red garnet like yours... Is it light color or water chemistry? I am worried that my PBB won't color up.
I've been using dim pink lights every night for few hours for the past few months. Not sure if that really made a difference but most of my bichirs were already getting darker though. Give the pink lights a try. I got that idea from seeing the Japanese using it on their garnet and it makes their sand more red and their bichirs seem to pop too. But of course it definitely has to do with the bichirs genetics, diet and water chemistry.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Were
I've been using dim pink lights every night for few hours for the past few months. Not sure if that really made a difference but most of my bichirs were already getting darker though. Give the pink lights a try. I got that idea from seeing the Japanese using it on their garnet and it makes their sand more red and their bichirs seem to pop too. But of course it definitely has to do with the bichirs genetics, diet and water chemistry.
the pics taken with the pink lights on as well, or is it just to make them feel comfortable enough to colour up more regularly?

Reactions: FishBeast

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
Were

the pics taken with the pink lights on as well, or is it just to make them feel comfortable enough to colour up more regularly?
Some pictures were taken with pink lights only, some taken with just white light, and some taken with both, and some with just sunlight.

FishBeast

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2016
Northwest Washington
www.youtube.com
I'll definitely check that out! Thanks bro!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store