Help me with my Flowerhorn

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
How big is your FH? You should consider an upgrade sooner rather than later, but you might have a plan for that already, maybe your quarantining before adding into another tank?

In regards to water chanhes, 20% is only 2 gallons of water a week, that’s not going to cut it for very long, eventually (if not already) the nitrates will build up too quickly in the tank and your 20% water change isnts going to make a difference and your FH will slowly be poisoned by its own waste.

I would suggest you bump it up to 50% per week or even more depending how large your FH is...

FranzAndrei

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2018
hi again guys! what if there are feces in my tank? do i need to clean/remove it everyday? or can i do it weekly?

FranzAndrei

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2018
hi again guys! what if there are feces in my tank? do i need to clean/remove it everyday? or can i do it weekly?

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
If you dont have one already, you will need a much larger tank for your fish, I'd say 75 gallons minimum when hes an adult. Flowerhorn are large, active fish.

As for water changes, change at least 50% once a week. If you are feeding heavily, try to change 50% twice a week. Your diligence with water changes will reflect in your fishes growth and happiness.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store