Finally succumbed to puffer-mania, obtained three tiny Tetraodon Nigroviridis

john_lord_b3

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2017
sites.google.com
Hello! I finally succumbed to puffer-mania and have kept these three luvly Tetraodon Nigroviridis for about a month :D They are not as hard to keep as many told me. I am lucky I guess. They are very well behaved, they don't disturb other fishes in this aquarium, not difficult to feed, and always seems happy to see me (especially when I am feeding them).

I plan to move them to a bigger aquarium in the shop. They might be tame for now, as they are smaller than most other fishes there. However I heard that they could become fierce when grow bigger. So for now they are in my personal aquarium temporarily.

mypuffers.jpg

20181031_120401.jpg

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Awesome fish. Their only downfall with me is the need for full on salt as adults.

Id say youve been lucky so far. Tankmates are just food reserves

Reactions: john_lord_b3

john_lord_b3

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2017
sites.google.com
thank you for the kind wishes! Indeed I am lucky for now.
These fishes are native to my country, so obtaining them is not difficult.
My procurer made sure that he picked for me individuals which are not fierce. Just like when he picked my eels for me.
But as we all know, these fishes are only cute and cuddly and tame when young.
Once they have grown a bit, they must be moved to a bigger SW tank, preferably species tank. I plan put them back to the shop, or give away to friends who like puffers and have a good aquarium to keep them.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
thank you for the kind wishes! Indeed I am lucky for now.
These fishes are native to my country, so obtaining them is not difficult.
My procurer made sure that he picked for me individuals which are not fierce. Just like when he picked my eels for me.
But as we all know, these fishes are only cute and cuddly and tame when young.
Once they have grown a bit, they must be moved to a bigger SW tank, preferably species tank. I plan put them back to the shop, or give away to friends who like puffers and have a good aquarium to keep them.
Once in salt they can be kept with other agresive fish such as triggers and Sargent majors

Reactions: john_lord_b3
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store