Baby Indo Dats Galore

andrewsin

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2010
london
47D8589E-3153-4F03-85BC-D77D4587DBF9.jpeg Back in 2012 I brought about 12x 0.25” dats . I’ve been looking for these baby indos lately but in the UK there seems to be nothing but the expensive Sumatra Indos!

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
Not to derail but anyone know where a can buy a ton of these right now? I miss those days when we could buy bag fulls. I have an empty 180 that I would love to start growing a few dozen

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
Yep FunWow! this is just a drop in the bucket compared to the harvesting going on in the video link you posted on that thread, that was bonkers.

To clarify though I'm really not any personal crusade here -- I grew up commercial fishing in Alaska for salmon & halibut; many were the times I stood in the back of a boat with dead and dying splendid big fish up to my waist. While of course we can all turn a new page (I haven't fished or hunted since those days), and I do care about related issues, I've never felt it appropriate for me to get up on a high horse about such things (and not to imply that you or anyone else here is, we're just sharing info to let others come to their own conclusions).
Yes just a drop in the bucket is right. I’m on no high horse I can tell you that. I to like to share information....a lot of deep dark secrets in the trade. I hunt and fish what I feel like I need but also know if they allowed me to keep taking to much all I’m doing would be screwing myself in the future. Dead loss is going to happen in all kind of harvesting. To disregard a percentage in the numbers would be naïve. That be like saying everytime someone goes fishing that no fish ever ends up gut hooked or may take some other major damage and ends up dead. If someone was watching ST’s more maybe they wouldn’t be listed extinct in the wild. This could every well be the future for indos or NTTs considering I’ve seen more giants harvested and posted up for sale then ever before. Just to clarify I’ve owned plenty of dats in the past and still on plenty. I do my part of the harvesting of dats so I’m guilty.

Reactions: islandguy11

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
Not to derail but anyone know where a can buy a ton of these right now? I miss those days when we could buy bag fulls. I have an empty 180 that I would love to start growing a few dozen
I saw some 3/4 inch but they sold fast. More place probably be bringing them in before we know it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store