Am I overstocked or am I OK.?

tcav88

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2017
Ohio
Your tank is fine shouldn’t have any issues. The clowns are more of a bio than the tiger silver dollars. You’ll see plenty of deals on fb marketplace or craigslist if you wanna upgrade to a 125 or bigger just relax and enjoy your fish upgrade if you feel it’s needed.

Bill Bajaj

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2018
Your tank is fine shouldn’t have any issues. The clowns are more of a bio than the tiger silver dollars. You’ll see plenty of deals on fb marketplace or craigslist if you wanna upgrade to a 125 or bigger just relax and enjoy your fish upgrade if you feel it’s needed.
Thks buddy I needed that assurance im not going to upgrade(at least for some time) I'm pretty confident with my set up I'll be just fine.
Ever since I invested in the 2nd identical canister eheim 2217 it's just wonderful you can really see the HUGE difference it makes having two canisters my tank is 360 litres and my filter is 1000/h and since its x 2 filters its about 5-6times turnover is this a healthy turnover ?
Cheers

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
I think bioload-wise you will be just fine. I do think that large SD's look and feel cramped in a 4 foot. I recently kept 4 SD's in a 90 gallon four foot tank for a while. They were about 5" long, close to full size. They move so fast that it almost looked like they would dart to one side, turn around, dart to the other, and repeat. I probably wouldn't keep a group of 5 in there for years personally. But, give it a shot and see how they act and how you feel about it. I

Bill Bajaj

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2018
I think bioload-wise you will be just fine. I do think that large SD's look and feel cramped in a 4 foot. I recently kept 4 SD's in a 90 gallon four foot tank for a while. They were about 5" long, close to full size. They move so fast that it almost looked like they would dart to one side, turn around, dart to the other, and repeat. I probably wouldn't keep a group of 5 in there for years personally. But, give it a shot and see how they act and how you feel about it. I
Thks for that buddy I guess I will wait n see how 5 5in striped sd's would look like in a 4ft tank it's just that there's no other fish it's just these and 5 clown loaches that's it. Right now I can't quite picture it as the sd's are just 2 inches and CL are 4inches it will be quite a few years before they get to the bigger sizes.
To me all this is the name of fun and satisfaction of fish keeping watching these guys grow and hopefully I will last with them and if need be I will upgrade to a 5 or 6 footer sometime in the future but I still got a feeling it will be OK even with 5 5 inch sd's in a 4 footer
Cheers

Reactions: Gourami Swami

Bill Bajaj

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2018
tcav88 tcav88 Rocksor Rocksor Gourami Swami Gourami Swami
Gents just an update I've rehomed my 5 silver dollars and YES you were RIGHT! They ate 80% or more of the food and kept eating crazy till CL'S stand no chance!
Im glad I've rehomed them and replaced with 6 scissortail rasboras a truly awesome surface fish! (anyone having them? They get to abt 5-6 inches is this true ?)
Also I've got few small barbs so Now I can really concentrate on feeding my CL'S FINALLY !
I'm sure the bioload is also much less after the Sd's left im glad I did this and what a difference it makes so much more swimming space etc !
It is now a truly dedicated clown loach tank !
Thks guys Happy new year !
Bill

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store