So far on my 180g 60x30x24" I have

3 red spot sevrums
2 electric blue acaras
1 rafael cat
1 gold nugget pleco
1 bristlenose pleco
3 Sun catfish
1 blood parrot

I want a green phantom pleco but not sure if I should add one.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
It can be a bone of contention this one. As long as the fish aren't taking lumps out of each other, leading to a totally unhappy and stressed tank, and you keep on top of your water changes, which will be more frequent, then I don't see an issue. Although it's not everyone's cup of tea I don't mind the look of a "fuller" looking tank. But it's each to their own.

If it comes to it you can always thin out your stock anyway.

brent245

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2009
Arizona
All of the fish are fairly peaceful, although the sun cats are very very active and obnoxious, but not aggressive. I'll wait a few weeks and see, tank has only been set up for a month and a half.

Asianbucketbrigade

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2018
It can be a bone of contention this one. As long as the fish aren't taking lumps out of each other, leading to a totally unhappy and stressed tank, and you keep on top of your water changes, which will be more frequent, then I don't see an issue. Although it's not everyone's cup of tea I don't mind the look of a "fuller" looking tank. But it's each to their own.

If it comes to it you can always thin out your stock anyway.
I agree, stocking comes down to filtration and water quality. If your fish seem comfortable and parameters are consistently good, no harm in a tank dense with fish.

Reactions: Rob909

brent245

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2009
Arizona
I may need more filtration as the fish grow larger. Currently I have 2 Aquaclear 110's with the big double sponge prefilters from AAP. In addition there are 2 Hydrosponge v's

FAT daddy

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2011
Rowland Heights
the bristlenose pleco is going to be a tank buster...remove it and you're understocked given proper filtration IMHO!!!

kudos!!!
for responsible aquarium stocking!

hi Wes!
i like the bristlenose...they're pretty awesome...

FAT daddy

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2011
Rowland Heights
maybe reduce the livestock to 8 for good luck...depends on your zodiac sign though...a clean aquarium is always an attractive fixture of any fine dining restaurant because if it is super clean...the patrons can be sure the know the food is clean and the equipment/work environment is sanitized properly too!

Take Damon's Steakhouse in Glendale for example...cannot take anyone there right now without appearing to be a finicky eater though...

they got a freshwater cichlid aquarium by the watering hole too!!!
exotic-fish-tank.jpg ls.jpg

Reactions: pescado209
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store