Keeping two pb

Edmon

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2018
Philippines
As the title says.

Is someone here successfully keeping only two pb's in a same tank? I've seen some videos from youtube keeping 2 semi to adult pb. And I've seen some post here that if there's only 2 of them, the other may bully or possibly kill the other.

As of now i have 2 pb's(4") showing no aggression for now.

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
I have 2 - 5" Kels. One does periodically pick on the other. Sometimes they fight. All fish have a pecking order. I had 4 orino (now passed away). One was dominant.
I have 4 oscars. Had 5 but the smallest oscar picked on the orinos and finally killed them. Orinos seemed to grow too slow! And this little oscar had to be removed!
For my Kels the weaker one hides sometimes but sometimes swims about. Just make sure they both get enough food. Each of them. Dither fish and other fish help. Larger the tank the better.
With all that said we shall see how it goes in my tank. It's been about 5 weeks since I bought them.

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Also plants, rocks, driftwood etc. Give them place to hide. You can expect they will fight to determine the alpha. Sometimes they fight at night. So far I have seen no actual tissue damage. Can I also ask what you feed them?

Edmon

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2018
Philippines
Also plants, rocks, driftwood etc. Give them place to hide. You can expect they will fight to determine the alpha. Sometimes they fight at night. So far I have seen no actual tissue damage. Can I also ask what you feed them?
my staple food is hikari cichlid gold sinking/floating, sometimes fish fillet. i feed them three times a day

I bought both of them last oct and they are still good and i hope it continues.

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Woke up today and pbass swimming side by side and glowing colors. Every day is a different day.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store