Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
I take it you weren't a math teacher:footinmou

5'-3" in std
Hello; In fact I did include some metric conversion in the middle school general science and upper grade physical science. I can do the conversion but do not think in metric units. I know a meter is a bit over 39 inches and have the conversion tables. Best I can recall by memory is there are 2.54 cm per inch. ( hello - I looked after writing the previous sentence and did get that one correct.)
There was some decades ago supposed to be a switch to the metric system as the standard for the USA. Being the only science teacher for the 6 to 8 grades in my middle school I took the task seriously to introduce metric units to students. When the time came to switch our federal government did not do the deed so we have been stuck with a hodge podge mix of both standard and metric.
I was also a shade tree mechanic and have had for years both a set of SAE (standard inch based tools) and a full set of metric unit tools. For a time when I worked on a European car it was all metric and USA cars were all SAE. For a long time now you never know as my Chevrolet pickup has both sorts of fasteners as do other products.
I had an general idea how tall the Katt would be at a tad over five feet as an estimate but had not done the conversion. For what it is worth she is about the height of my second wife. Thanks for doing the conversion.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
be nice:cheers:

Reactions: skjl47

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
^^I'll do that guy a few better!

trash.jpg
Border Trash photo.jpg50d22386-0453-5c6b-9cd9-25cafe780340.image.jpg
Tons of polution left behind by illegal aliens on their way to the US border.

Reactions: jaws7777
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store