How can i make a small pond to fit in my room (about 200g)

KIdfish

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2014
Cali
I want to create a small pond in my room maybe about 200 gallon. I was thinking to buy some wood in home depot and make a small pond out of it. I look up the measurements length: 55in Width: 40in height: 20in and it measured about 190 gallon. Does anyone know of a cheap way to make it and please let me know how thick should the woods be? If possible under $50 would be really nice and if u have some pic can u please post it? That would be really awesome. If you guys are wondering i am planning to keep a silver arowana and 2 bichir in there. My uncle just got a few small silver arowana about 4-6 inch and i have 2 small albino bichir right now about 3 inch. That is all im planning to keep in that pond and if possible maybe i can also keep a jardini arowana in there too? Please let me know what do u guys think. Thank you!

lardieleftover

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2014
san diego
Yeah buy a stock tank, or find a deal on local craigslist for a decent size tank. I don't recommend trying to build a plywood tank without some woodworking experience, let alone price not worthwhile under 300gal I think due to materials.

Reactions: J. H.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
I want to create a small pond in my room maybe about 200 gallon. I was thinking to buy some wood in home depot and make a small pond out of it. I look up the measurements length: 55in Width: 40in height: 20in and it measured about 190 gallon. Does anyone know of a cheap way to make it and please let me know how thick should the woods be? If possible under $50 would be really nice and if u have some pic can u please post it? That would be really awesome. If you guys are wondering i am planning to keep a silver arowana and 2 bichir in there. My uncle just got a few small silver arowana about 4-6 inch and i have 2 small albino bichir right now about 3 inch. That is all im planning to keep in that pond and if possible maybe i can also keep a jardini arowana in there too? Please let me know what do u guys think. Thank you!
Hello; This plan seems a bit unrealistic on three fronts. First is the under $50, which seems very unlikely. Second is the fish are jumpers as mentiond by others. Third is the weight of 200 gallons plus pond and equipment, at least untill you check out the capacity of the "room" to hold the weight. Good luck anyway.

Reactions: J. H.

Chaval

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2018
Under $50 is going to be hard to do but I have seen people buy mini pools for kids and use those for ponds!

Mitchell The Monster

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2016
Georgia
1. Arowana gets too big for that sized pond.
2.Would be super heavy so check how much your floors can handle.
3. This is going to be way more expensive than you think for just the pond not even including filtration and such.
4. You would get a good amount of humidity in your room so either cover the pond or invest in a dehumidifier which is also a lot of money.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store