New Puffers in the house...

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
After not having kept puffers since the loss of my Fahaka, i’ve got two new resident puffers in seperate tanks...

Was originally only going to get a single group of C.Irrubesco for the 60G i had rescaped recently, but after seeing the stock over 3 weeks ago not being that healthy, i told the store to quarantine them for me and if they all survived (8 of them) i’d take them all...

Well, ended up only one made it through the whole ordeal but at the same time the store acquired a very healthy M.Bailey puffer he said was the last one left coz no one wanted him (due to the fact he kept hiding behind the sponge filter sulking) lol, so needless to say having my plans for an irrubeso tank ruined i took the bailey to go into the 60G for a discounted price along with the remaining irrubeso for my 50G...

And now after that long read here are the new residents:

“Moldy” the hairy puffer...
A7AD7D1D-4770-490F-BF30-52078CA72B8E.jpeg

And the single (possibly female) C.Irrubesco
24EA74C8-D027-4FA8-9E00-C39053D27902.jpeg
She didnt want to let me take a pic coz i think she hates my phone cover...

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Nice pick up! The hairy puffer’s cirri looks really spikey, very cool looking.
Thanks, he / she is kind of bald ontop and then has a reasonable amount of cirri on the sides which reminds me of some of the old people walking around the streets with out hair lol...

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
After not having kept puffers since the loss of my Fahaka, i’ve got two new resident puffers in seperate tanks...

Was originally only going to get a single group of C.Irrubesco for the 60G i had rescaped recently, but after seeing the stock over 3 weeks ago not being that healthy, i told the store to quarantine them for me and if they all survived (8 of them) i’d take them all...

Well, ended up only one made it through the whole ordeal but at the same time the store acquired a very healthy M.Bailey puffer he said was the last one left coz no one wanted him (due to the fact he kept hiding behind the sponge filter sulking) lol, so needless to say having my plans for an irrubeso tank ruined i took the bailey to go into the 60G for a discounted price along with the remaining irrubeso for my 50G...

And now after that long read here are the new residents:

“Moldy” the hairy puffer...
View attachment 1349903

And the single (possibly female) C.Irrubesco
View attachment 1349904
She didnt want to let me take a pic coz i think she hates my phone cover...
What is the phone cover? Sushi ;).

Reactions: Fat Homer

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
There is the theory that less ‘hair’ or cirri means female.... but I dont really believe that since my puff which is quite hairy just laid eggs, lol. But there are some hairy girls out there....
I’ve also heard the claims of “ the hairier the puffer the more likely its male”, but as you and many others in the past have pointed out, that doesnt seem to be true...

Then again, i do wonder how does one define “hairy” since i’ve seen some that are so hairy they would be considered the equivalent of a wolfman in the puffer world...

What is the phone cover? Sushi ;).
Lol, its a black and white Oni mask design, but guessing the striking contrast throws her off...

Reactions: Matteus and DMD123

FAT daddy

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2011
Rowland Heights
looks very, very, very, very, very, very cool!

hopefully it was not captured with explosives......i hope people revive threatened species this way!

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
looks very, very, very, very, very, very cool!

hopefully it was not captured with explosives......i hope people revive threatened species this way!
While i’ve heard of people using explosives for fishing, never thought it would be used for puffers??? Then again when money is involved it wouldnt surprise me...

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
I so want another big hairy lol

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Wth explosive puffer fish? Lol

I have to get a bailey next yr if they're around. Nice pickups

Can you keep those red eyes as a group? I've heard they're hyper aggressive but I don't have any personal experience with them

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store