May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Multi fish bowl syndrome.
Where do you get that number from? I already have
1 75 gallon
2 55 gallons
And 1 29 gallon set up
That’s already 214 gallons.
If you actually want to know how many gallons it’s going to be in the end I’ll list it out for you
3 75 gallons
3 55 gallons
3 40 gallon breeders
1 29 gallon
2 20 gallons
2 5 gallons
Now if I did my math correctly it equals out to 589 gallons. What was that about it being under 100 gallons? ;)
Also what does mfbs mean?
So you already have 1 75 gallon, 1 29 gallon and 2 55 gallons set up. Now if I did math correct that’s 4 tanks. The tank in the picture looks like the 29 gallon, the tanks underneath look like the 10 and 5. Total=6. Not sure where 13 came from? Ahh wait I see. “Total number of tanks I’m planning”. I don’t think you count tanks that you hope to have when evaluating how many tanks you have.

If that’s the case I have 15 tanks with 5 million gallons total :)

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Would be careful of burning yourself out man. That many tanks is going to require a ton of maintenance, and setting them up all at once, you don't know how it's going to fit into your schedule. Hobby is a long haul, you will have time to keep everything you want eventually! just a word of advice

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Yep, I am fully aware that this many tanks will take a lot of work doing maintenance but I have a plan for that already. Instead of doing my water changes on saturday or sunday I'll schedule them for almost two every day. I'm lowering the stocking in my main tank and won't stock as much as I have before because I want to have it so that my tanks can keep going if I happen to not be able to do a water change for a week. I'll also have a note book for strictly water changes and results. If I miss a water change or anything I'll make sure I'll mark it down where I can't miss it.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I feel like I should just let this be known so it is not a question of if this is just wishful dreaming or an actual path I'm taking.
I have the 75, two 55's, and 29 gallon set up. I have one 55, one 20 gallon, one 5 gallon, and two 75 gallons waiting to be set up. The only thing that is preventing me from setting them up is not having a stand for the 75 gallons and having to replace the crappy stand I got for the 55 gallons. I'm getting some industrial storage racks to hold the tanks since I don't wish to make a wooden stand and other stands are weak and I don't trust them.
Here is a link to the very stand on amazon
https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-3-She...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MZTKH87FX5VXH07T435X

To be completely honest I can set up the 20 gallon and 5 gallon now but I wish to wait a bit.

Yoimbrian

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2013
Twin cities
So...

Where are your clothes? Or do you just have a suit and a T-shirt and you alternate?

I've never understood the 15 small tank mentality. If I were to have 589 gallons (like I think you said your total was) I'd rather it be a single 550 gallon tank and then a 40 gallon quarantine.

Reactions: jaws7777

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
So...

Where are your clothes? Or do you just have a suit and a T-shirt and you alternate?

I've never understood the 15 small tank mentality. If I were to have 589 gallons (like I think you said your total was) I'd rather it be a single 550 gallon tank and then a 40 gallon quarantine.
Do people really think those 3 things are all I have? My closet is a bit of a weird shape so I drew it out for you
F4688F6D-9949-4320-9D54-4984F0C3EE88.png
What you see is not all that there is, there is about an additional 1.5-2 feet of space split between the ends that aren’t seen in the picture where the fish tank is showing. I have a few normal shirts on the right side that I can’t wear anymore but keep for sentimental reasons but the majority of my normal shirts I wear are put up somewhere else. On the right side there is about a dozen dress shirts behind the sports jacket and I have more somewhere else.

Regarding the other part, I am limited by weight and size of tanks. I would absolutely love to have one single tank that’s 10’x 5’ x 3’ but it would literally break the floor since we don’t live on a concrete slab (our basement is uninhabitable since it floods when it rains and can’t be fixed, thank you whoever designed it), and I couldn’t fit the tank into the house unless we took off the doors then cut away some of the wall.
I can’t even have a 180 because of how wide they are, 18 inches wide is about max for me unless I get it custom made.

To be completely honest I’m still with my parents since I’m 17 and can’t get big tanks since I’ll have to move them in a few years. It’ll be hard enough with what I’m planning now forget a 180.

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Got to be honest man I think you're nuts for even wanting to set that many tanks up in your parents house, especially if your going to get rid of them all in a year or two to move out. 3 super nice tanks are better to me than 25 barebones ones. And do you even know what you want to keep in all of them, or you just know you want a ridiculous amount of tanks?
Quality over quantity IMO! But hey maybe that's just me.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
There is no way I am getting rid of these tanks when I move out, I’m keeping them and I already have a plan on how to do so.

Yes I know what I’m going to keep in all of them. I’ll actually list it out

All three 75 gallons will be just moving the stock from my original 75 around since I strongly over stocked the tank.
The first 55 is more of a junk tank as it has a little bit of everything with no theme.
The second 55 gallon with be black moor goldfish and weather loaches.
The third 55 gallon will be discus.
The first 40 gallon breeder will be for chaca chaca catfish.
The second 40 gallon breeder will be for Wallace’s shoehead catfish.
The third 40 gallon breeder will be for a gulper catfish.
The 29 gallon is a planted nano fish community.
The first 20 gallon is a quarantine tank which will be a guppy tank when not quarantining fish.
The second 20 gallon will be a shrimp tank, I’m leaning towards cherry shrimp for my first.
The two 5 gallon tanks will also be shrimp tanks but I won’t set them up until later after I have proven my 20 gallon cherry shrimp experiment a success.

Each of these tanks mean something to me and I will list them out.

The stock for the three 75 gallons are mainly bottom dwellers that grow to around the 8 inch range and I got carried away and over estimated how many fish a 75 can handle so now I’m making it right. Plus all of the catfish I have are just amazing, I can’t describe them since they all have their own little quirks I love.
Same with the junk tank, can’t describe it exactly.
The black moor and dojo loach tank is because I’ve always loved black moor goldfish but never kept them because I never had the space. As for the dojo loaches when I saw their normal coloration I just fell in love with their beauty.
The discus tank is because discus are an elegant fish, their moves are like a sophisticated dance in water and it puts me in a trance when I watch them.
The chaca chaca catfish are a beautiful species of catfish that I think are just amazing with how they look.
Don’t get me started on Wallace’s shoehead catfish, I fell in love with them the moment I saw one and I want to study them on a personal level and hopefully breed them one day and spread them throughout the fish keeping world so others can enjoy them too.
The gulper catfish is a misunderstood fish and there seems to be a lack of information regarding them and I hope to change that.
Nano fish in a heavily planted tank=awesome. I can spend hours looking for a certain fish and never find them then when I do it’s like christmas. I rarely see my pygmy cories, celestial pear danios, my goby, or my badis but when I do I get all excited like a young boy on christmas morning opening up a gift.
Breeding guppies would keep the cycle going when I’m not quarantining a fish and they are a source of safe live food.
Shrimp are a simple yet fascinating creature, they have no defensive mechanisms yet they thrive and they even have the chance to show the brightest colors with a little love. Also a source of treats.

Hopefully you now see what I’m obsessed the way I am.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store