Dumbest display tank you've ever seen?

Seedy J

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2018
Colorado, USA
Yes, those were actual shoes people wore. ---not me!
LOL these actually existed? I've only ever seen them in a movie... I'm Gonna Git You Sucka, I think.

Worst one I've ever seen was when they made a quarterpipe (or some kind of ramp) tank for a skatepark on Tanked. Would've been cool as a lobby decoration or something but it was an actual ramp that people skated on. The fish must've loved the sound of skateboards banging on their tank all day.

I confess, I've got a "Psyquarium" (psychedelic/rave vibe) tank with cheezy fluorescent color fake plants. It's a quarantine tank so I didn't want to put much effort into it, and all of my other tanks are natural-looking so I thought I'd do something different. It's my most popular tank among non-fish nerds :D.

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
LOL these actually existed? I've only ever seen them in a movie... I'm Gonna Git You Sucka, I think.

Worst one I've ever seen was when they made a quarterpipe (or some kind of ramp) tank for a skatepark on Tanked. Would've been cool as a lobby decoration or something but it was an actual ramp that people skated on. The fish must've loved the sound of skateboards banging on their tank all day.

I confess, I've got a "Psyquarium" (psychedelic/rave vibe) tank with cheezy fluorescent color fake plants. It's a quarantine tank so I didn't want to put much effort into it, and all of my other tanks are natural-looking so I thought I'd do something different. It's my most popular tank among non-fish nerds :D.
Non-fish, nerds, or non (fish) nerds?

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I know I am stepping on some toes but I cannot stand bare tanks. Nothing but fish, no substrate, no plants, rocks , wood. Anything. Makes me feel sorry for the fish and science has proven that it mentally stunts the fish
That's why I have various loose plants, mops and wood pieces in my bare tanks. I just have it in an 8 gallon to keep it clean for my small fish. Black bottom, back and side to make the fish comfy too.

Here in SA we have quite a lot of clown gravel tanks and what-not. Shipwrecks are an indicator of a wonderfully decorated tank. My friends laugh at these things :p

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
I'm literally a fish nerd.
I meant the people who don't get are they not fish nerds, or not nerds? If the latter, why do they even get the privilege of seeing it :crazy::eek3:

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store