Do I have mts yet?

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
With that many tanks just dont burn yourself out... for me personally i found 3 tanks to be my max any more than that and it felt more like a chore than enjoyment...

But i agree, sometimes the thought of being able to keep multiple species of fish is great!!!

I’m almost wishing i could fit another 200G tank in my place so i could buy the Cross River puffer i saw recently online...

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Call me weird if you want to but I find that as long as I'm not spending every free moment of time doing maintenance on tanks I'm good. Even if I have to do two hours daily it doesn't bother me as long as I get to enjoy my fish.

Reactions: Fat Homer

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Call me weird if you want to but I find that as long as I'm not spending every free moment of time doing maintenance on tanks I'm good. Even if I have to do two hours daily it doesn't bother me as long as I get to enjoy my fish.
Thats great then, but i know i couldnt do that personally... work stresses me out enough as it is, adding daily tank maintanence to that would break me lol...

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
The animals that I'm forced to call my peers at school stress me out and my fish help me deal with the jackassery that comes out of their mouths.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Got to be honest man I think you're nuts for even wanting to set that many tanks up in your parents house, especially if your going to get rid of them all in a year or two to move out. 3 super nice tanks are better to me than 25 barebones ones. And do you even know what you want to keep in all of them, or you just know you want a ridiculous amount of tanks?
Quality over quantity IMO! But hey maybe that's just me.
Wisdom...

We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of reality - Ian Rand

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
You have MTS when...

You use old tanks with rocks to hold doors open
Inverted tanks are used as small tables
Stacked tanks are room dividers
Local Pet stores send you turkeys for Christmas
Your bed is one big glass box with blankets
You write several thesis on the composition and molecular structure of glass
Your wet pets are in your will :nilly:

Artt

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2018
Australia
fishhead0103666 fishhead0103666

A have to agree with what a few of the others have said. Be careful with that may tanks set up it can burn you out even if you enjoy it. I did the same thing when I first got into the hobby I had a pond, a old bath converted to another pond, 3 tanks inside and storage tubs (totes) of fry. Sometimes I find myself still up at 2am in the morning doing water changes. I'd drive home on my lunch break to feed fry, renew ice bottles in my tanks. In the end I lost my axolots because I had so much going on I didn't pick up on warning signs of illness.

I also had no one I trusted to take care of the fish and water changes so I never got a day off.

I'd set one up at a time and assess if you have time or want more after each addition.

Reactions: jaws7777 and imabot

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Since it has been brought up so many times I will take this seriously. Up until now I was merely brushing it off as an improbability because I saw my love for fish as a force that could conquer anything. Wishful thinking eh? Anyway I grudgingly acknowledge the fact that this could end up being the metaphorical death of me.
Since I don’t want to risk burning out I’ll only set up the tanks I have to right now which will be the two 75 gallons and 20 gallon quarantine. My chaca chaca catfish can stay in the 55 gallon he’s in currently.
If I’m ok with the work load of my current tanks plus the additional two 75 gallon tanks and the 20 gallon quarantine then I’ll move the chaca chaca catfish to a 40 gallon breeder and put the black moors in the 55. If I’m ok with that then I’ll set up then 40 gallon breeder gulper catfish tank. Then the 40 gallon breeder Wallace’s shoehead catfish tank (I’ll probably have to add ammonia for months since Wallace’s shoehead catfish are hard to find). Then the other 20 gallon shrimp tank followed by the two 5 gallon shrimp tanks. At the very end if I still feel like I can take on another tank I’ll set up the last 55 gallon but I’m not sure if I really want to keep my plan of having discus in that tank.... They’re sensitive fish and I’ll be under a large work load for the other tanks. I think I’ll either just not set it up or put catfish in there. I do have a few catfish species in mind I could keep or I could keep more gulper catfish or Wallace’s shoehead catfish....
Anyway currently I’ve decided to completey ignore the last 55 gallon until I get to it.
Anybody see any flaws in my plans?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store