How do you keep your nets?

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
I use 2 or 3 nets at each of my currently running 4 tanks (solely for removing waste/debris). I usually just keep the nets standing up in buckets or plastic bowls, and leaning against a wall or tank stand (which doesn't looks so nice and they often fall or get knocked down).

So I'm looking for better (efficient, looks decent and hygienic) ways to keep or hang my nets -- any suggestions or ideas (esp. with photo(s) on how you do this would be appreciated.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Where do I keep my nets? I keep them in a black hole I guess because they always vanish.
Now to be serious, you know how you can get a retractable chain like a retractable key chain? If you could get one for each net then somehow attatch each net to a keychain then attatch the key chains to something that will not move then you wouldn't ever have to worry about losing nets again,

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Is he not world wide? I know that I'm not the only one that can never find their nets.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I keep most of them in a crate, then just have one small one out to net kuhlis and rainbows out of buckets because they seem to love siphon pipes :eek:
Another one lives in my Aquaclear because the ceramic bag broke and honestly, the net works just fine in its place.

A useful thing is a bucket or whatever where you always have them.

Reactions: islandguy11

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
A useful thing is a bucket or whatever where you always have them.
For sure Hendre, where would we be without the lowly, not so beautiful but ever-useful bucket! Whatever set-up I use will need to have buckets or maybe plastic flower tray below to catch any dripping water, I'm at least borderline OCD about water on the floor (maybe because our last house had nice hardwood floors so I'd always clean up even small drops quickly).

My net station on the side of my homemade two tier 75 gallon stand.
View attachment 1353428
....and across the room is my wall unit mounted above one of my tanks.
View attachment 1353429
Thx also for sharing krichardson, you got it nailed!

Reactions: Hendre

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
About once a week anywhere from 1/10 to a gallon of water ends up on my carpet :/.

Reactions: islandguy11
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store