BGK breathing rapidly...

secuono

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2009
Culpeper, VA
Thanks! It looks like the tank nitrate level is either 10 PPM or 20 PPM to me in the pic which is much better than the previous test reading.

Did you ever add the Epsom salt dosage kno4te kno4te suggested in post #8?
Yes, I did. And added in after w/c.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Did u dose any meds? Some of the video do look like swim bladdder.

secuono

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2009
Culpeper, VA
Got her a 20g long hospital tank, but won't move her yet. Testing out old heater tonight to see if I saved a good one or accidentally kept the dud. Have a possibly bad snowstorm coming and our power goes out if you sneeze in the wrong direction...Everything always happens with bad timing. =/
She hasn't gotten any worse. She's back to trying to get a pleco egg out.
Hope she makes it, would be too sad to no longer risk getting an occasional tiny BGK bite mark on my finger when I hand feed her.

Is it possible to Jerry rig a foam filter from one of my mature canister's foams? Looks like shipment was delayed to Monday & I'd like to set it up tomorrow morning.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Got her a 20g long hospital tank, but won't move her yet. Testing out old heater tonight to see if I saved a good one or accidentally kept the dud. Have a possibly bad snowstorm coming and our power goes out if you sneeze in the wrong direction...Everything always happens with bad timing. =/
She hasn't gotten any worse. She's back to trying to get a pleco egg out.
Hope she makes it, would be too sad to no longer risk getting an occasional tiny BGK bite mark on my finger when I hand feed her.

Is it possible to Jerry rig a foam filter from one of my mature canister's foams? Looks like shipment was delayed to Monday & I'd like to set it up tomorrow morning.
Could always try. Works better with like a poret foam. Has some backbone to it and not so flimsy.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
How's your fish doing?

secuono

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2009
Culpeper, VA
Good new, bad news.
Lost an angelfish. Not sure when, body is mia, of course.
Miss Knifie's breathing is normal, looks okay. She's occasionally obsessed with the bubbler still. I'm feeding less in general now.
20190130_161342.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store