Catching Invasive Turtles in FL

vitaly

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2010
www.youtube.com
South Florida is home to a large variety of non-native species. We went out to catch some dangerous invasive turtles. The local pond at Topeekeegee Yugnee Park (TY) is full of red-eared and yellow-bellied sliders (in addition to oscars, Mayan cichlids, peacock bass, and other exotics). If the video doesn't work, please click here

vitaly

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2010
www.youtube.com
says video is unavailable???? and florida is very over run with invasive species. I'll be down to try and put a small dent in the hog population and for Oscar fish tacos!
Clink on the activated link. It should work. I am not sure why my videos are not showing up. Yes, it's way crazy here. they even have parrots and monkeys now

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Nice, I tend to throw bread in the water, and leave half a trout on a string to lure in turtles, which I simply sneak up on and grab.

and get a bottle trap, then make a vid comparing the bottle trap to the mesh trap
(See which catches more fish).

So did you really eat the turtles?

vitaly

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2010
www.youtube.com
Nice, I tend to throw bread in the water, and leave half a trout on a string to lure in turtles, which I simply sneak up on and grab.

and get a bottle trap, then make a vid comparing the bottle trap to the mesh trap
(See which catches more fish).

So did you really eat the turtles?
no, but i can't say that i let them on camera (it's illegal). i don't want fish and wild life knocking on my door with a fine.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I understand that the monkeys have been down there for quite a number of years.They are descendents of escaped monkeys that were used in various movies that were filmed there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store