Golden Dorado hardy?

Stan Abeaz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2016
Hi, i wanted to know if Golden Dorado hardy in the sense they are not especially sensitive to water parameters( compared to rays which are very sensitive ). Also do they eat pellets, if not can they be starve trained into pellets. And lastly, how aggressive are they if they are introduced to large predator fish like Peacock Bass,Clown knifes, arowana etc

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
They aren’t sensitive to water quality like rays. Still need good water quality since it’s a riverine fish. A bit more sensitive than a regular fish.

High level of dominance and aggressive with most top/mid level swimming fish.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Stan Abeaz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2016
I’m asking cuz I’m my life they kept 3 golden dorado at about 6 inches with Severums in a relatively small tank and I was confused on why they wasn’t any fighting, the store has then for 3 weeks now.just curious cuz they seem to not be very aggressive at the store. Is it that they got aggressive with age? Like after 10 or are they simply aggressive at smaller sizes too, like let’s a a Buttikoferi Tilapia would be?

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Almost certainly will kill all other fish as they get bigger. I believe they get really mean at 12".
So fast and powerful with razor sharp teeth

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store