Lets see some larger Ctenopoma acutirostre PICS!!!

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Id guess 6 inches or so.
He’s just a really cool fish.
Someone just didn’t give him the life he deserved. I’m glad I found him
I've seen a bunch but just can't seem to have a tank that would be suitable...well without it being ripped to shreds.

Do they pellet train?

JAYBIRD1011

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2017
Wilmington NC
I took this guy in as a rescue about a year ago.
Someone had dropped him off in front of my LFS in a bucket the owner had found him when she came to open the store he was on deaths door.
When I came in she said I think he’s dead if you think you can save him, take it.
The water in the bucket was in the low 60’s he was upside down and not breathing.
I rushed him home and started working on him.
He came around. Then a few days later took a very nasty ich infection along with his fins being very badly damaged.
People disgust me sometimes.

But look at him now. He’s always up front and ready to eat. Very interactive with me. He loves pieces of cut tilapia and live crickets!
I apologize for the water stains on the glass.
View attachment 1353713
Cool save man!

Reactions: tlindsey and BIG-G

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
I've seen a bunch but just can't seem to have a tank that would be suitable...well without it being ripped to shreds.

Do they pellet train?
He’s in a planted 40 breeder.
He will eat floating pellets but they’re not his favorite.
He will also eat dried super worms and tubifex oh he loves a red worm or crawler.
Usually gets those mostly in the summer months.
His diet is usually a couple chunks of tilapia and some mix of the other things I’ve listed
I don’t know what he was being fed before I got him.
I assume probably feeders. But since I’ve had him he’s not had any live feeders.

Reactions: tlindsey

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Try getting him on some sinking pellets.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Try getting him on some sinking pellets.
I have, he watched them sink and once they hit the bottom he lost interest and swam away.
He will get the floating because they bounce around and eventually he takes them.
I don’t put more then a few at a time because he doesn’t eat them readily.

Reactions: tlindsey

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Here is my 5 incher as promised
BD9FA58D-F30E-499A-A2E9-DBC62AFFE909.jpeg 79AF5C37-E676-412F-BC03-FF6C3F3F71D5.jpeg
Now I tell you what, I once saw an 8 incher that had been donated along with a large oscar which had been raised up with him. If they could have been taken seperately I would have gotten him, he was absolutely beautiful and I regret not being able to get him...

Reactions: BIG-G

Chefken

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
Harwinton CT

Do they pellet train?
Mine eats pellets, frozen krill and red crawlers. I know that mine was wild caught. Most are bred commercially nowadays.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I think mine is weird since he will only eat pellets off of the bottom of the tank, he’s like a big cory.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store