Supporting your hobby

Belly up

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Wolverine, MI
I`m a little late here but thought I`d comment anyway. When my son was younger we got into tabletop war games. We needed terrain to make the games interesting and I couldn`t afford it so thought I`d have to make some. When it was done I thought it was pretty easy to make and looked good, so why not try to sell some on eBay. I used the money from that to buy the models we wanted for years. Later my son`s interests changed (of course). At that point I continued to make and sell terrain but starting using the money for other things. Now more than ten years later I still sell wargame terrain on eBay buy spend the money on my fish addiction.

Reactions: Dloks and Matteus

Belly up

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Wolverine, MI
I`m a little late here but thought I`d comment anyway. When my son was younger we got into tabletop war games. We needed terrain to make the games interesting and I couldn`t afford it so thought I`d have to make some. When it was done I thought it was pretty easy to make and looked good, so why not try to sell some on eBay. I used the money from that to buy the models we wanted for years. Later my son`s interests changed (of course). At that point I continued to make and sell terrain but starting using the money for other things. Now more than ten years later I still sell wargame terrain on eBay buy spend the money on my fish addiction.

Reactions: Dloks and tlindsey

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Mind sharing some photos? That sounds great!

Reactions: Matteus

Belly up

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Wolverine, MI
Reactions: Matteus

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Very cool! :)

Belly up

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Wolverine, MI
Thank you! I try to make my terrain look as natural as possible. I used to sell worldwide but there is a guy in Poland now that does amazing work so the European market has dried up. Shipping is cheaper for them.

Piscavores:)

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2018
I hustle other kids in the lunchroom by trading snacks and I am decent at videogames and puzzles so they pay me to help them win:cool-1::headbang2:grinyes::FIREdevil

Reactions: islandguy11

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Side job money for the hobby....Yesterday married a lovely couple from Vancouver, Canada at this beautiful resort villa venue below. Tomorrow I'll be marrying a super nice couple all the way from New York city at the beach -- met them today, both down to earth, hard working city transit employees (bus drivers). The have a pretty stressful job so were loving our island lifestyle, it's going to be great being part of their special day too.

Andara Wedding 4 m.jpg

Andara Wedding 5 m.jpg

The villa had a nice little pond too, which has given me an idea for a thread to start on the Pond sub-forum.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Side job money for the hobby....Yesterday married a lovely couple from Vancouver, Canada at this beautiful resort villa venue below. Tomorrow I'll be marrying a super nice couple all the way from New York city at the beach -- met them today, both down to earth, hard working city transit employees (bus drivers). The have a pretty stressful job so were loving our island lifestyle, it's going to be great being part of their special day too.

View attachment 1385311

View attachment 1385312

The villa had a nice little pond too, which has given me an idea for a thread to start on the Pond sub-forum.
That must be super cool! Love the view :nilly:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store