Plywood tank advice.

coryjones26

Feeder Fish
Jan 17, 2019
We have been researching a plywood tank build for a bit and wondered if anyone would have any advice to offer. We are looking at building a tank 54”x54” and 35” tall to get it in the door and about 440 gallons. I have had tanks for 30 years everything up to a 220 full reef tank. We moved and I sold everything but a 150g 4’ tank that has chilcids in it. We would love to be able to house a pair of freshwater stingrays. From our research the current plan is 2 layers of plywood obviously Two panels from another 150g I bought dirt cheap and coating it with pond armour. The tank will be in the corner and the glass panels will meet in that corner. I would prefer not to have a vertical frame in that corner. I also have a question about how wide the frame needs to be around the top and bottom of the glass with the glass being 30” tall and the doors are only 36” wide I need to stay at 35” and I don’t want to cut the glass down if I don’t have to. That only leaves 2 1/2” of fram on top and bottom. I considered using some steel as well as I am a fabricator. Thanks for any input.

13ED8980-F7D5-4F8F-B80C-588079471EC4.png

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store