Sick Flowerhorn!?! Help!

Flowerhorn friend

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2018
I’ve posted many threads about my shy Flowerhorn I’ve tried everything people mentioned, none of these methods worked. First, I had tried to add aquarium salt and then nothing much happend, then, I had added API General cure, this method is still continuing for the 8th day. No improvement. Yesterday I saw my flowerhorn, his hump was shrunk and his stomach was a little bloated. Please help!?!?! Any methods that had help anyone?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Post ur water parameters please. Is it eating? What does it’s poop look like? What are u feeding? Tank size and water change schedule? Tankmates? Answers to these ?’s please.

Flowerhorn friend

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2018
PH 7.0, amonia 0.00, temp 82 degrees Fahrenheit, he has not ate in 1 1/2 weeks. His poop is stringy and white/ transparent. I feed him Okiko Platinum- for Flowerhorns. He lives in a 60 gallon tank, I change 30% of water a week. Only lives with a sailfin Plecostomus
Post ur water parameters please. Is it eating? What does it’s poop look like? What are u feeding? Tank size and water change schedule? Tankmates? Answers to these ?’s please.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Would reduce the temps down to 78-80 degrees. Make sure ur nitrates are 0 and nitrates are under 20ppm. Would dose some Epsom salt at 1 tbsp per 5g. Would add metronidazole to the tanks. Would try to get a medicated food like hex shield or metroplex and mix in Epsom salt sol with binder( seachem focus) then feed to the Flowerhorn.

If not eating yet then i’d add metro to the tank and Epsom salt. If it improves and shows interest in eating then feed the medicated food with Epsom salt sol.

If still not eating would maybe consider flushing the Epsom salt solution via its mouth Into it’s gut with a long and thin syringe. Similar to the video below.

Flowerhorn friend

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2018

Flowerhorn friend

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2018
image.jpg
His poop is grey and very stringy like fungus.

yes, he has been lying down for a while but I now he’s alive he hides and then lies down for more than 19 hours a day.

He is a Flowerhorn fry like 1.5 inches
Would reduce the temps down to 78-80 degrees. Make sure ur nitrates are 0 and nitrates are under 20ppm. Would dose some Epsom salt at 1 tbsp per 5g. Would add metronidazole to the tanks. Would try to get a medicated food like hex shield or metroplex and mix in Epsom salt sol with binder( seachem focus) then feed to the Flowerhorn.

If not eating yet then i’d add metro to the tank and Epsom salt. If it improves and shows interest in eating then feed the medicated food with Epsom salt sol.

If still not eating would maybe consider flushing the Epsom salt solution via its mouth Into it’s gut with a long and thin syringe. Similar to the video below.

How old is your flowerhorn?
I’m sorry everyone he stopped breathing yesterday, and he is dead

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Sorry for the loss.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com