Luciopimelodus pati Grow out.

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
Now I am so jealous, saw him come in late and missed him!!!!!!
Get most of my stock from Neil. Keep us updated as we will be following this fish. Still toying with getting one of the cappa s he has but it would have to live with a similar sized fittings and sperata aor so not sure it's a good spend of £190

Sorry, meant similar sized tigrinus , but stupid thing keeps changing text.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rpul

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2016
Now I am so jealous, saw him come in late and missed him!!!!!!
Get most of my stock from Neil. Keep us updated as we will be following this fish. Still toying with getting one of the cappa s he has but it would have to live with a similar sized fittings and sperata aor so not sure it's a good spend of £190

Sorry, meant similar sized tigrinus , but stupid thing keeps changing text.
The “capa “ is actually the true piriba, listed wrong. There from Peru. I have one growing up, great cats.

Same. He has the best cats in the country I’d say. A lot of mine have come from pier.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
I think the clarotes are generally skinnier than that..

Clarotes is a confusing cat. I know of two diffrent clarotes where one is noy that wide at all and one is wide like an rtc. My clarotes is quite thin over its head at the moment but its not that big at all. About 40-45cm

Reactions: moe214

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
It’s actually a aracha x tsn hybrid. Lives in with 8” blochiiss. Never ate anything. Although, he’s being moved into the larger pond this weekend as he’s now 24” ish.
My experience matches. Mine prefered pellets and have never been predatory either, although I've not tested that in depth. But they can be very assertive, even aggressive territorially / hierarchically if they have to be.

I couldn't tell the species from the shot. For some reason I remember their snout to be more pointed.

A pedantic note, sorry, but when naming hybrids, the maternal species is listed first and the fish takes after the maternal species the most traits. TSN is the mother here.

Reactions: moe214 and Rpul

Rpul

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2016
My experience matches. Mine prefered pellets and have never been predatory either, although I've not tested that in depth. But they can be very assertive, even aggressive territorially / hierarchically if they have to be.

I couldn't tell the species from the shot. For some reason I remember their snout to be more pointed.

A pedantic note, sorry, but when naming hybrids, the maternal species is listed first and the fish takes after the maternal species the most traits. TSN is the mother here.
I believe she runs the show with the smaller bratchyplaosma in there.

The pati and hybrid seem best of pals always togeather. Never seen any aggression, I do suspect she pushes the other stuff around.

So it would be a tsn x aracha, the right way to say it?

Rpul

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2016
The pati has had Abit of a grow spurt just lately. It’s eatting really well, prawns, mussles and earth worms. Cannot get it to take pellets yet.
But it’s growing and eatting well so I’m happy with that. Size wise. Easily 15” if not bigger. I shall measure her and get some underwater pictures this weekend.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store