H. Fossilis

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Never worked with this species so I can't speak to their growth, but it is pretty cool looking. Any chance you could share some more pics?

Catlas Se7en

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2018
Never worked with this species so I can't speak to their growth, but it is pretty cool looking. Any chance you could share some more pics?
If he is out when I get home from school, for sure. He's pretty dope, and the current size, tiny mouth, and slow growth from what Ive read allows me to keep it in my variety small puffer tank.

Until then, heres one crappy pic of it

20190123_104028.jpg 20190123_104028.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
Growth is fairly average, maybe from a 1" tiny fish to 6" in possibly 6 to 9 months. Males grow slower than females, are shorter and less bulky. Quite sociable fish as in good with others. Although they have small mouths I wouldn't keep one with anything it could fit in it. Not really ones to eat fins or pester other reasonable sized fish. Hide in pipes etc but often seen out and about. Should be able to breed them but I would assume group spawner but happy to be corrected.
note that this is one fish you don't want to be handling. One of a small list of true killers, not just a painful sting. So a note on its tank or advising others in the house about it is good. My family know to leave well alone if they find mine out of the tank.
mine are 2 years old now; female is maybe 9" and male is 7" .
now housed with 5 Asian bumblebee cats pseudomystus siamensis (males 6" , females 7" ) , a pair of parachanna obscura (8" ) and a musk turtle in a 70g corner tank.
But were in a more medium sized community fish setup for a while.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store