African hybrid questions

LunarValkyrie

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2015
United States
Hey folks!

I have finally decided to jump back in and try some africans. I have a proven pair of Yellow Labs and I wondered if a Dragon's Blood group could be added to this tank since they are already a hybrid? I know they are a peacock but I keep reading disputed reports that a Mbuna was used to make some of them. Will these guys cross with my Labs? I have read that most will stay with their own color, but that was about pure strains, so I just want to make sure before I mess up my Labs. I have nothing against hybrids but I would rather not create Dragon Labs or Yellow Bloods :ROFL: Thanks for any reply.

james99

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
savannah,ga
It's possible, all lake Malawi mouthbrooders can cross with each other. These 2 look alot different from one another so I don't think there's a super high chance, if both are keeps with the proper male:female ratio.

LunarValkyrie

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2015
United States
My pure Labs are kept with 1M/5F, so I was thinking of the same for the Peacock. Or maybe even more females for the Peacock. My pure Labs have been together since they were young, so they are all a happy harem.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store