RAW RASH ON MY CLOWN KNIFE

Joepardo13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2019
image.jpg image.jpg Please help, hes been like this for about a week... anyone know whats wrong or a cure?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Looks like a chunk taken out almost. Tankamtes? Would separate the fish. Clean water and add salt 1 tsp per g. Get some iodine and dab the area with a qtip soaked with the iodine.

Joepardo13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2019
Looks like a chunk taken out almost. Tankamtes? Would separate the fish. Clean water and add salt 1 tsp per g. Get some iodine and dab the area with a qtip soaked with the iodine.
I had a post before this, it started off as a white fluffy white spot, then it become to look like the rawness it is now, the only tank mate is a 1.5inch pleco and a 2inch rafeal catfish

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I had a post before this, it started off as a white fluffy white spot, then it become to look like the rawness it is now, the only tank mate is a 1.5inch pleco and a 2inch rafeal catfish
Ok. It has demarcation of a lesion. At any rate...still suggest moving it so it can be treated. Would do as i suggested and post updates.

Joepardo13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2019
Ok. It has demarcation of a lesion. At any rate...still suggest moving it so it can be treated. Would do as i suggested and post updates.
Okay, which type of salt? And do you think this was a fungus? Or a burn from a heater?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Okay, which type of salt? And do you think this was a fungus? Or a burn from a heater?
Any salt (nacl) will work. Don’t think it’s either. Odd place for a heater burn on a knife. Not from fungus as the primary cause.

Mitchell The Monster

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2016
Georgia
Certainly a fungus or something crazy, would start out with separation if possible and add some salt. I keep API aquarium salt on hand at all times. Follow kno4te kno4te 's directions precisely, he knows what he is talking about.

Salt is a great start for treating fungus, infections,parasites, and imo improves gill function and slime coat protection/production during illness and stressful situations. Best of luck!

Reactions: kno4te
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store