USA
It’s a good size.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Seems to be roughly 14”.
Kind of a rescue, was in a super small tank previously so was surrendered to a lfs and has been in a 120 for the last 4-5 months. It was lifeless and staring hopelessly at the wall.The main selling features for me was its response to food when we threw pellets in there for it. And I got the guy to drop $20 off the price when I shared it’s possible new living arrangements.

Right now it’s swimming happily around my tank with new friends. Looks happy like it’s smiling. I know this is typical of these guys but it sure wasn’t smiley at the store. I can’t call it my lfs because it came from a store 3 hrs north of me.

I was looking for a 4-6” one to go with the bass since I had to get rid of the big pleco. Guess this means even more frequent wc. Will update with more pics soon

Last edited:

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Seems to be roughly 14”.
Kind of a rescue, was in a super small tank previously so was surrendered to a lfs and has been in a 120 for the last 4-5 months. It was lifeless and staring hopelessly at the wall.The main selling features for me was its response to food when we threw pellets in there for it. And I got the guy to drop $20 off the price when I shared it’s possible new living arrangements.

Right now it’s swimming happily around my tank with new friends. Looks happy like it’s smiling. I know this is typical of these guys but it sure wasn’t smiley at the store. I can’t call it my lfs because it came from a store 3 hrs north of me.

I was looking for a 4-6” one to go with the bass since I had to get rid of the big pleco. Guess this means even more frequent wc. Will update with more pics soon
Oh I didn't notice you had actually bought it, congrats! Look forward to a much cleaner tank, way more efficient cleaners than plecos -- and yes that almost permanent smile is a plus :) Also while they clean the heck out of your tank I personally haven't found them to be big waste producers.

Post some more pix after he's more established in the tank.

Last edited:
Reactions: moe214 and Matteus

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Oh I didn't notice you had actually bought it, congrats! Look forward to a much cleaner tank, way more efficient cleaners than plecos -- and yes that almost permanent smile is a plus :) Also while they clean the heck out of your tank I personally haven't found them to be big waster producers.

Post some more pix after he's more established in the tank.
Thanks man. That was the hope that it would clean up and cut down a bit on the waste in comparison to the pleco. They are poop factories- I picked up an L190 the other day for a different tank that is 2-3”. Cleaned it out yesterday and today the qt tank is already covered in poop.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Hey Matteus how's your big new buddy doing? Cleaning like a Hoover vacuum?
He’s doing well (assuming male because it’s so slender and females are typically more rounded)

Very peaceful, hasn’t bothered anyone that I have seen. My big ocelaris felt a bit insecure with it being so big in comparison but no real squabbles.

Slow to eat, but takes pellets and just as of yesterday caught it sucking on the glass. Still seems happy. I suspect this is the biggest tank it has ever been in since being bought.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store