I stole it and I'm not sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Watch it people. Personal targeting and insults are ill advised. I'm watching.
Please watch and understand why this thread went the way it did. I’m not sure why OP isn’t banned for promoting her criminal act. I’m not sure why that type of behavior is okay and why people could get banned or warned for standing up for what’s legally right. I understand your a newly promoted mod and you have your duties? But this is simply to put OP in perspective and prevent this BS from happening. One day my kids will be on MFK if this site still exist and I don’t need some self justifying “hero” to be put on a platter when they are CLEARLY wrong. If the people who advocate against her gets warned or banned.... chips this forum might lose another “O.G” and many more....

Reactions: PYRU and jaws7777

The Morning

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2018
The exact statement was “it is something that you purchased. You own it”
Just because I have purchased any pet doesn’t mean I have carte blanche to treat it any way I like.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
This is a contentious topic, that's why it's up for discussion. That never requires targeting people or making slanted comments towards them. Almost everyone else in the thread is civil, and that makes a perfectly fine discussion.

If you have any further issues then please PM me and tag an admin. Thank you.

imabot

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2017
You are who you hang out with. Dear Mr. I imabot i have no previous issue with you. Please don’t cause one I’ve ignored your earlier comment. Unless your a fan girl of this criminal too, don’t get involved.
This still isn't a proof that the OP is a liar or embellishing. TBF there is no proof the other way except that she has been quite active and seems honest in my limited interactions with her. I don't think one of us will change each other's mind and we are just arguing in circles here so I will ignore this thread.

Reactions: Dloks

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
I’m tired of trying to explain why STEALING is wrong... Man this forum has went south. I’m done and over this discussion. I don’t need to tag an admin I’m sure they are already watching. Nothing against you Hendre Hendre have a good night.

Reactions: jaws7777

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
I’m tired of trying to explain why STEALING is wrong... Man this forum has went south. I’m done and over this discussion. I don’t need to tag an admin I’m sure they are already watching. Nothing against you Hendre Hendre have a good night.
Stealing definition:
To take the property of another wrongfully and especially as a habitual or regular practice

If you have not noticed, we're discussing whether the stealing was wrongful. The inability to see people's alternative views is perhaps what is frustrating you?

One day my kids will be on MFK if this site still exist and I don’t need some self justifying “hero” to be put on a platter when they are CLEARLY wrong.
You should start with cutting their access to television, movies, etc..

I said it earlier in the thread, but where I live it is a criminal offence to mistreat a pet fish. So your fictional court rules here don't apply, thankfully...

There's a case lurking in my mind about that father keeping his daughter in the basement, making babies with her....I wonder if stealing the daughter is a criminal offence in this case? What do you smart guys think(rhetorical)? ...Oops, we're talking about fish here. Fish are property, ah? What about the connection between kids abusing animals and later on committing crimes against humans of similar nature?

Take it or leave it but the discussion is going on because there is a lot more to it than hanging on to the word "stealing" like a drowning man to a floating stick.

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Stealing definition:
To take the property of another wrongfully and especially as a habitual or regular practice

If you have not noticed, we're discussing whether the stealing was wrongful. The inability to see people's alternative views is perhaps what is frustrating you?

You should start with cutting their access to television, movies, etc..

I said it earlier in the thread, but where I live it is a criminal offence to mistreat a pet fish. So your fictional court rules here don't apply, thankfully...

There's a case lurking in my mind about that father keeping his daughter in the basement, making babies with her....I wonder if stealing the daughter is a criminal offence in this case? What do you smart guys think(rhetorical)? ...Oops, we're talking about fish here. Fish are property, ah? What about the connection between kids abusing animals and later on committing crimes against humans of similar nature?

Take it or leave it but the discussion is going on because there is a lot more to it than hanging on to the word "stealing" like a drowning man to a floating stick.
You should start by minding your own ******* business and not tell me how to raise my kids.

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
Do you think it would be better to talk to the person 2 weeks in or let the fish suffer in evaporation resistant water for 5m's then replace it with a plastic toy?
And has it crossed your mind that the OP gave an adult fish owner entire 5 months to correct their actions? Taking into account that the original fish owner is an adult, it was his/her responsibility to educate themselves on the proper care of a fish pet.

Replacing it with a plastic toy is the OP passing on her opinion without words. It is as painful as saying it straight to the face of the fish abuser and either way won't be taken well. Educating adults has another word for it, called Criticism. Very few take to criticism well, even if constructive.

Last edited:

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
You should start by mind your own ******* business and not tell me how to raise my kids.
Point taken.

Minding your own business definition:

To not interfere in someone else's affairs; to not pry or be nosy. Often used as an imperative.

Fig. an answer to a greeting inquiry asking what
one is doing. (This answer also can carry the implication "Since I am minding my own
business, why aren't you minding your own business?")

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
Hello; I just read thru this miserable thread. Miserable in that it is full of flagrant rationalizations. I took someone's property because __________________ (Enter favored rationalization here.)

Hello; Around ten years ago I stopped by a friends place outside of Louisville KY for a brief visit. I had not seen his new place before so we went for a walk around the property. He told me a story about a neighbor he did not like.
Seems the neighbor had a goat on a length of rope tied to a cinder block. This is a common enough practice and the cinderblock in moved around from spot to spot so the goat can eat. That way the goat can not wander off and always has new food and keeps a place cropped down.
Seems my friend and a couple of other neighbors objected to the practice and gave the goat owner a hard time over it. So the owner got fed up with the hassle, killed the goat and ate it. My friend was still incensed.
I took the side of the goat owner (now consumer). It was his goat. The goat was being looked after and likely doing OK. It was his goat to keep or to kill and eat.
My friend had lived most of his life inside the city limits of Louisville KY and had moved to live out in "the country". Somehow he did not get that folks in the country raised animals or food and applied his city stuff to the neighbor. I was raised in a family that kept animals for food when I was young. I have killed these animals and have eaten them. Private property is private property, animal or mineral. Call the law or some other thing.
I have one point to make. Would your friend have had the physical ability to chase a wild goat up the hills in order to consume it for dinner? It is easy killing a chained animal....

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store