White Film On Male Festae????

dwsdarius

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2015
NJ, USA
www.youtube.com
Hey everyone, I just re added my male festae to my 210 gallon tank after a few months of being in two tanks. This is the second day being in the tank and his face has what looks like a white film on it, none of the fish existing in the tank ever had it...but before I took him out those months ago he had it as well. When I took him out I had him in two tanks for several weeks and he didn't show any signs of it in either tank, but now that he's back in my 210 he's covered. NONE of the other fish has it and the tank has been running for years now. Now when he was added yesterday he did bang himself up a little on rocks, but it doesn't look like scratches, but rather like a film. I have some pics...A
ny idea's of what I'm dealing with? Thanks!
3.jpg

1.jpg 2.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
Whats up darius! I Didn't know you were on MFK too. I love the channel. You did say he got banged up so that could have been what initiated this white film. It looks like the scratches just got infected. You also say he had it previously so how did you treat it last time? If it's not something clean water can't fix I would quarantine him and treat him with general cure. I'm sorry if I wasn't much help. I hope some experts can tap in on this. RD. RD. kno4te kno4te

Last edited:

dwsdarius

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2015
NJ, USA
www.youtube.com
Whats up darius! I Didn't know you were on MFK too. I love the channel. You did say he got banged up so that could have been what initiated this white film. It looks like the scratches just got infected. You also say he had it previously so how did you treat it last time? If it's not something clean water can't fix I would quarantine him and treat him with general cure. I'm sorry if I wasn't much help. I hope some experts can tap in on this. RD. RD. kno4te kno4te
Thank you, yes its weird because it disappears right away in it was in a solitary tank. Maybe I'll treat the entire tank?!?!

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Looks like some scrapes skin with fungus and slime coat. Would add salt 1 tsp per g and api fungus cure. Keep the water clean.

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
:iagree: Anyways, I love the channel. Hope the festae gets better. Been watching for over a year. See me on it as Ethan Fallon.

Last edited:
Reactions: dwsdarius
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store