Geo. Tapajos "red head" real size

mattybecks

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
Dubai, UAE
Beautiful setup! Really dig the simplicity and your Geos seem to be doing well
Thank you! The geos do seem really happy now :) making the full use of the space.

speaking of space, what I found quite interesting is that since adding my SDs into the tank, I haven't seen any skittish behavior. Not when I put on the lights, or stand over the tank (I have kept them in the past and they didn't always like this). Either this is due to a larger tank, or the larger school of 15 of them. Probably both. I'm starting to think this should maybe be the minimum requirement for SDs to view more of their relaxed, natural behavior. Larger space and larger groups. Usually it is suggested for SDs a min of 5, with 55gal min tank size.

DarylMac

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2016
Tank looks good - but I think it would look better with some wood! Of course that's a personal choice thing!

Also, I know I am late to the party - but I had RH's before that were easily 7+". Maybe closer to 8 or 9 - but I understand that could be the exception, rather than the rule. They were mature fish when I go them and then I had them for years - so they very well could have been 10 or more years old by the time I moved on from them.

mattybecks

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
Dubai, UAE
Tank looks good - but I think it would look better with some wood! Of course that's a personal choice thing!

Also, I know I am late to the party - but I had RH's before that were easily 7+". Maybe closer to 8 or 9 - but I understand that could be the exception, rather than the rule. They were mature fish when I go them and then I had them for years - so they very well could have been 10 or more years old by the time I moved on from them.
Thanks for feedback! I really love these guys so I plan to keep them for a long time to come, hopefully getting them to the 8inch + mark. I think my set up now should be big enough for them to attain this.

I used to have wood in my old tank, and it did look great, just little pieces started breaking off and scattering around the substrate which annoyed me. Decided to keep it plain and simple for a while, with larger areas of open space.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store