What's your favorite fish?

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Favorite fish I haven't kept would be flagtails. They're adorable and always seem happy to interact with people. That and their adorable little smiles, so cute!!!

Favorite species I've owned would be goldfish. Never shy, amazing bright colours, also always happy to interact with you whether in a pond or tank.

Favorite individual fish I've owned was my big geophagus brasiliensis, he was amazing in a way that words can't describe. R.I.P big man.

On a side note I've always loved the way knife fish move. In the past I kept 2 BGK's (on separate occasions) and both of them would have me mesmerized every time I seen them out and about. Very elegant fish. :)

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Like the typical aggressive fish. Keeper of overrated fish. erythrinus and polypterid species.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Coldwater? The European perch. I'm in the UK and it is easy to get hold of round here. I aim to have a perch tank one day
Love myself some perch. Fun to catch!

like disease trouble?
One in my group died, then the biggest one went bully. I have him, he sent one to QT then killed the last one while I was at school.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
by aggressive fish, you mean cichlids?
Meaning tiger fish, catfish, and vampire characins. There’s a few more to list but those for now. I don’t keep other cichlids other than pikes.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Reactions: coolcomfort

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Out of everything I've had I would have to say porcupine puffer. D. Holo is what I've had but I would love to have a hystrix

If RO/DI wasnt so wasteful I'd have another.

If we're taking white whales I'd love to have an aba knife.

Belly up

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Wolverine, MI
Right now it would be my clown barbs. Colorful, active, eat like pigs and wont out grow their 125. I don`t have to worry about them killing each other if I turn my back and they are good neighbors too, meaning they plays well with others.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store