Feb 2019 Rare Fish Stock list

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
Bottom dwellers

Pseudacanthicus serratus Suriname black monster pleco - the darkest black out of all fish. If you put it in a black tank, it will make your tank look less black.
8" $375.00 10" $450.00 each. Wild fish

Hemiancistrus medianus 5" total length sold out

Pecklotia otali - Guyana spiny devil. I think the males have much more spikes on the body. 5-6" length $175.00 each

L134 - captive bred, P. compta pleco, wild ones are hard to get and often have parasite problems. These are high contrast colored ones, aprox 2" big, super healthy and easy to keep.
$50.00 each

Rhinelepis aspera - 6" black green flat pleco that looks like a huge otocinculus from Paraguay/Argentina region. only 2 pieces Sold out

L333 - 3-4" captive bred, super fat. $50.00 each

Hypostomus luteus 15" phase 2.5 and phase 3., Please email for Serious inquiries only. they're priced $650-1200 each. These are the most impressive looking plecos, can reach 24" in the wild, and super tall dorsal fin., they don't bother other fish usually and will eat any left overs.
Parancistrus aurantiacus - gold xanto pleco. Super gold colors, good for smaller well filtered tanks. only 1 available me. 6" eyeball size. $350.00 each.

Oddballs
Tetradon schoutedni F1 - captive bred babies, aprox 1" big., eating anything that drops in the water, super solid and clean without parasites, can live together. These are like miniature mbu puffers. get them while they last. I know of 3 people that have bred them in the world so far. $100.00 each
Propterus dolloi - 5-7" babies, these can reach about 5 feet in the wild, have a rounder head and dark body, like a south american lung fish from Africa. $65.00 each
Propterus aethiopicus 5-7" babies., these are the giant lung fish that can reach 5-6 feet, $75.00 each
Albino propterus aethiopicus 32" solid, perfect, thicker than my forearm. $3500.00 one piece only! Show piece
Gymnarchus niloticus 5" babies, aba aba knives $60.00 each
eating blood worms and guppies
Papyrocrannus afer "polkadot pom pom knife" selected for nice patters. great show piece and size

16" $400.00 2 pieces
18" $500.00 1 piece
Centropomus nigricans - black snook 2" $65.00 each
7" $175.00 only one piece.
Colomesus psittacus - giant parrot puffer, can reach 12" plus. these are little 1" babies., in light brackish., they're found in the Suriname river, where the water goes from full salt to full fresh twice a day depending on the tide. They'l eat anything.
Tetradon miurus 2" little moving rocks., only very few available $45.00 each

Carinotetraodon irrubesco - Little pure freshwater Borneo puffers, max around 2" can be bred, will eat any frozen food dropped into the water. $35.00 a pair

Gymnothorax polyuranodon - I've kept them in pure fresh for years., my customer kept them with discus. Current study states they do not go into Marine water. Some never even enter brackish water. This is one of the only true moray eels that do this. I've had some 48 inch ones in the past.
10" $75.00
14" $150.00
18" $225.00
25" $330.00
30" $450.00
32" $650.00
Rhinogobius "red lip" Guangxi $45.00 per pair Super colorful, easy to breed, rare in captivity. Pretty peaceful. max size 2"

Cichlids

Captive bred altum angel fish, these have doubled in size., about dollar coin body now., eating pellets and flakes, I have lost zero so far. They're hardy. unlike wild ones you spend $25-28 dollars each, 80% will die and are very sensitive. I'm almost sold out, with a few left., and much bigger now. These are very strong. $100.00 each
We just got small ones again, at nickel size body, they're $55.00 each, eating pellets. These are double the price of larger wild ones. However wild ones have a low survival rate, so at the end if non are alive, no matter how cheap it is, is it worth it? These will go out fast, and when they grow big, the price will go up. The last ones from 5 months ago are now subadults already.

Cichla orinocensis "rio negro" type, eating cut fish already, these are f1 fish, parents are green fish with nice round black eye spots. 3" size, $45.00 each

Cichla cf. occelaris "spangled cichla" from Suriname brokopondo 3-4" $75.00 each. Wild fish. red eyes. they will all grow out to be a little different, some with amazing map like pattern on their body, nothing like an occelaris if you're wondering. Which I've also imported before wild ones from Guyana.

Crenicichla multispinnosa 10" 4 pcs total, 2 males, 2 females $175.00 each
they get beautiful red face and blue spots on the body, wild Suriname fish.

Geophagus herrerai beautiful blue spotted Geo wild from French Guiana side.
5" $100.00 7" only 3 pieces $250.00

Geophagus cf. surinamensis 8" giant breeding size, gorgeous colors all spoken for.
Acaricthys heckeli albino - These are albino geophagus like fish, that gets super nice blue, with red eyes. 2" babies $30.00 each.

Barbs / Cyprinids

Elopicthys bambusa 4-5" ones, solid, fat, eating pellets. $125.00 each These are the giants of freshwater fish from China, can reach 6 feet in the wild and 100 pounds. They're known to eat everything in the lakes and rivers. However they're peaceful enough to keep with other large fish they can't swallow. This was the holy grail fish for me in 2001. I spent $1500 each for 3 of them, shipped from China.
Neolissochilus benasi - Lao Cai Province/ Red river basin, Kungming China. Also super rare and amazing colors., with gold and iridescent scales and a crooked black line along the body makes an amazing display. They can reach 30" in the wild. These are wild fish, you will not find from anyone else in the USA supplying them. 3-4" $100.00 each 5-6" $175.00 each
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...set=pcb.1947978175256369&type=3&theater&ifg=1
Tor tambra "the true Malaysian red masheer" 7", 10", 12" wild hand caught specimens. This is the most expensive fish from the country. This is 1000 times rarer than the Asian arowana, their scales will have the potential to turn the same color, with shades of red and blue. The fun part is how you raise them. The reddest ones come from area where they eat wild figs and flowers. $600-1000 each. Individual experiences with final outcome of the product will vary, they're easy to keep and feed. I will keep a group myself, and if anyone accepts the challenge to see who can grow the reddest ones with me, the game is on!
Neolissochilus stracheyi 14" wild big one, with blue fins that is easy to see. Only one, wild from Burma/China boarder $380.00.

Tor putitora 9-10" size, thick and healthy. $150 each. discount for larger groups available.
Great Himalayan masheers. These can reach 5 feet in the wild, with golden scales and yellow tail. The art of keeping this fish is what you feed them and tan them, will make their colors intensify as they grow. Great for most community fish as long as they can't be eaten.
Cyprinus spp. "Guangxi" these are wild carp variations with mirrored scales. I've caught small ones before, in the area, all are either leather or mirror, probably many years of evolving led them to this mutation in the region. 6-7" $250.00 each
Cyprinus spp. "gold leather" These are gold/orange/green tint with leather skin and some scales, 11-12" big. Wild fish $380.00 each, can be kept and shown in pond or fish tank. Only 5 pieces total

Catfish

Doras micropeus - like a giant corydoras, that reaches 14", it swims constantly, and schools, and vacuums. Super rare, upper river in Suriname
8-9" $275.00

Leiocassis longirostris 4-5" solid looking ones. $100.00 each
these are the Yangtze River cat, they're predatory, can tolerate a wide range of temperatures., will eat smaller fish. Rare to find in the USA., looks like a shark

Brachyplatystoma tigrinum - Tigrinis catfish 11-12" size perfect size, perfect stripes. $350.00 each

Silurus meridionalis "albino" only selected few pieces available each year, 14"
$650, one only.
Don't free them in the local water after you buy them!
Clupisoma sinense - like an iridescent shark, this fish is so rare its never been exported or kept in the USA hobby I'm confident to say. they constantly move, will eat cut fish pieces when they smell the food. can reach around a foot or so. This fish is rare in the wild, rare online, non in the hobby. Difficult to ship, easy to keep. Sold as a group only. Shipped air cargo only.
7" big total 6 pieces available., serious inquiries only please.

Bagarius yarelli "Indian goonch" , 6-8" $125.00 each

Characins
Hypomasticus despaxi - zebra stripped leporinus like fish. 3" $75.00 each Super rare and uncommon
Leporinus granti 6" plus strawberry leporinus amazing colors. super rare $95.00 each
Anostomus ternetzi - the stripped pencil from Suriname., different than A. anostomus, if you're collecting these and silver dollars, they make a very cool display.
4" $45.00 each
Hoplias curupira 4" $75.00 each 6" $95.00 each 10" $175.00 each
black wolf, the giant Suriname variety.

Hydrocynus goliath - needs no introduction. I've been importing these for over a decade now. 3-4" babies., clean and fat. $125.00 each
Hydrocynus "big eye" cf. tanzaniae These are found with goliaths in the wild, swims towards the bottom away from goliaths. 3-4" $125.00 each
Hydrocynus vittatus 3-4" stripe tiger., these are the piranhas of the river. most colorful and active. $100.00 each
Hoplias aimara 4" perfect babies $350.00 each
6" $400.00 each
Hoplias aimara 12" one piece only. eat cut fish readily $650.00
This is the ultimate predator, from Suriname, will bite your hand if you're not paying attention.
Hydrolycus armatus "giant sabertooth" these are not like the little ones that die easily. These will reach about 36" in an aquarium., and can live for a long time ! They can easily be trained to take strips of fish. This is the beginning of the season. 6" size range $130.00 each
Myloplus torquatus "Brazil" These are medium sized wild Silver dollars for the aficionado connoisseurs grade of silver dollar/pacu type. They have a gold orange anal fin and greenish body. Will look amazing when they grow big, this is not a common one you will see from your local fish store. They have a beak on them as well. $75.00 each quarter to half dollar size.

Perch like fish
Epinephelus lanceolatus - giant grouper can reach about 8 feet. Jeremy Wade caught a 50 pounder many miles up river. These are captive bred ones destined for the food industry, so we are saving them from their plight. Don't feel bad for keeping them in a fish tank, it beats being shipped to Hong Kong and cooked.
4" babies, in light brackish, tolerated by most cichlids and many cyprinids. $125.00 each
Lutjanus goldei - Papuan black bass, the strongest freshwater fish, a true snapper that lives in pure freshwater, that rarely ventures into brackish and never into the ocean. Its mean and full of attitude. Only a handful imported into the USA. I have a 3" eating anything that hits the water, and 8" one that is pure gold. Please serious inquiries only, the price is mid 3 digits to upper. Only 2 pieces available.

Please email me in a separate email what you want in the title, it will help me not miss out on your order or questions.

email me at amazonaq@gmail.com for serious inquiries.
paypal to amazonaq@gmail.com

shipping via fedex overnight to your door for all smaller fish. runs about $50-75 dollars for most States. Pick up available in Southern California.
live arrival guaranteed.
For larger orders or larger fish, air cargo is a must., minimum order $500 for air cargo shipments.

If this is your first time ordering, please read!

Business policy: https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/business-policy-must-read.320235/

IG follow us fugupuff fugupuff
https://www.instagram.com/fugupuff/
Our original fish journal on Monsterfishkeepers.com! MFK rules!

Like us on Facebook, pictures of past and present collection and rare fish finds from the net!

Our blog full of travel pictures, fish, food, and some rants!

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
Where in Southern California do you offer pickup? I’m looking for a blue eye, L95, and a pair of L46

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Great list.

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
The schoutedeni are perfect and eating well. Thanks Wes! Highly recommend this guy...he has great healthy livestock every time!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store