Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
so, 3 testie penis cookies. interesting.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I made it to the gym got in a good upper body workout and then I hit the supermarket to grab a few things.Surprisingly the market was not jam packed with people panic shopping as if the snowstorm was going to bring about an apocalypse.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
I loathe snow.
If you lived on a tropical island for 20 years you probably wouldn't :) but for sure it's all relative (and grass is usually greener on the other side of the fence for most of us). That said, after a few days in the snow I'm sure I'd rather be back in the tropics!

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
If you lived on a tropical island for 20 years you probably wouldn't :) but for sure it's all relative (and grass is usually greener on the other side of the fence for most of us). That said, after a few days in the snow I'm sure I'd rather be back in the tropics!
I lived in englandfor a few years, the first time it snowed I thought it was great, after 3 days it had all turned into dirty, slippery brown ice, you slipped over a lot, all the roads were shut and it was cold as hell and I relised why the locals didn't share my enthusiasm when it first started falling.
I must admit though, after the hot summer we've had here I wouldn't mind a day or two of snow at the moment just to take the edge off.

Reactions: islandguy11

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Oh I doubt it,actually I'm certain that that wouldn't change my position.I haven't liked snow since I was elementary school aged when I didn't mind playing in it but now,snow is just a useless nuisance and an inconvenience to me.
It may not have been anywhere near twenty years but I have spent considerable time on tropical islands and they are more my climate zones of choice.When I retire from work I just may return to live out my days.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Thats crazy. I think I'm going to have to cut the grass in march at this rate. We've had some crazy temp swings this year. 75 one day, 40 another, 65, 25, then back to 75-80.

I've tried both. Snow is not for me. It's nice 1-2x a yr, but I'm over it after a day.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store